Good Day Ladies and Gentlemen,
I live in Groton Ct. and do most of my fishing off New London and offshore of Long Island. I am new to the site and looking to find out if anyone fishes on the AMERICAN CLASSIC out of Lynn Ma. I have made several charter trips in the past with the CT Sportfishermens Club on this boat, all were great trips. I have tried to contact them (I have their web Site) to get an updated schedule to no avail. It was supposed to be posted at the beginning of Feb (not yet though). Do any of you fish with them and know what their schedule is? I have half a dozen friends that are also interested in fishing with them especially the $169 extended trip. Any updated scheduling would be greatly appreciated. If you know of an open boat that is doing well beside the AMERICAN CLASSIC, please let me know.

Thanks, Capt Phil

Posted Mon Feb 16, 2009 12:46 pm

Hiya Capt Phil, The best I can tell the AC has been sailing every weekend for one day, while the cod fishing is HOT.
I was on one of Walsh's trip a couple weeks ago, did well.
You can see my report here on this forum. He has been doing charter trips during the week also. I know he has been booking up fast so you need to call early in the week. He takes a while but normally returns my calls. He hasn't done the overnighters in a while because of weather but he has been doing marathon day trips from 4AM till 5PM. For $125
Hope this helps.

Posted Mon Feb 16, 2009 2:13 pm

The Hel-Cat II out of Groton has been doing very well recently. Open boat, sails on the weekends weather pending. I was out the weekend before last and did well, and they did very well this past weekend. I'll be out there saturday.

Posted Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:40 pm

CT Fish Finder

Social Links