I was thinking about going fishing on Salters pond in Manchester. Has anyone ever fished there before?

Posted Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:05 pm

yuppers tb....lotsa times... tons of pickerel with a bass every now and then.....but its also where my son and I fell thru last MARCH so PLEASE BE CAREFUL if you go there.....with this rain it has lotsa moving water thru it and chooches out the ice.That is what happened previous to our going there and didnt realize ice was sketchy til it was too late....PROCEED WITH CAUTION PLEASE!!!

if we didnt have a 3rd guy with us I prob would NOT be typing this.
I had no desire to ice fish this year and did not go out once.My icefishing has been out in the ocean for cod!

Posted Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:31 pm

Just wait until the ice melts and maybe you can get something like this! I snagged this auger just about this time last year! Laughing

Posted Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:12 pm

Do they stock trout there?

Posted Thu Mar 03, 2011 5:57 pm

It's not in the CT book "lakes and ponds" but looking at Google maps, it looks like a decent size river that flows in and out of it, so chances are that the river is stocked.

Posted Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:22 pm

Thanks for the help ehertzfeld

Posted Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:27 pm

No problem! Was nice to meet you and your dad last weekend. Maybe we'll run into you guys out in the sound! Good luck this weekend, and be safe! Watch those edges, a few places I check out have some open water were we usually get on.

Posted Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:43 pm

I live right down the street from Salters. The creek that flows through it is very small and shallow and is not stocked but they do throw some trout in the pond every spring. Not many though because the pond is also small. I believe the trout are all pretty much fished out within a couple of weeks after opening day,

Posted Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:53 am

carp13

I live right down the street from Salters. The creek that flows through it is very small and shallow and is not stocked but they do throw some trout in the pond every spring. Not many though because the pond is also small. I believe the trout are all pretty much fished out within a couple of weeks after opening day,

I stand corrected! Very Happy

Posted Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:34 am

I wasn't trying to "correct" ya Hertzy, just posting up GOOD information. Wink

Posted Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:38 pm

carp13

I wasn't trying to "correct" ya Hertzy, just posting up GOOD information. Wink

What ya trying to do??? Start a younger, better looking, Lung vs Tbob thing going here??? Laughing Laughing

Posted Fri Mar 04, 2011 6:57 pm

Posted Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:28 am

that pond is the best just have to know where the fish are and the dept of the water it not deep in most area but they do hold good size fish fish that pond almost every day

Posted Tue Jan 10, 2012 5:11 pm

CT Fish Finder

Social Links