Congats on the winning fish ramsey, where are the pics???
How much was the fish worth?? Nice you guys had nice weather.
Carp lost one to a tree....oh my tisk tisk, and hertzy lost one to weeds....tisk tisk and Mac....what happen you did the recon for this mission

Posted Sun Jul 17, 2011 4:50 pm

Gimme a break Lung. Carp and I caught 6 bass between 5 and 7AM. Largest about 16". When we officially started after 7 AM (someone was a little late), the bite was a bit slower.
Pramsey's winner was at 16" for the $10 lunker pool (which includes the IOU from the guy who's sons bailed in favor for a swimming pool). He shall remain nameless, but he made a great attempt with his fly rods.
I, on the other hand, did not go away empty handed. Ate 2 burgers, drank 7 beers, and did manage to catch about 7 bass (regrettably all undersized). I made some cheapo measuring devices the night before while having a few cold ones. They worked OK for Pramsey, but need some work. Pramsey will have to supply winning photo of fish.

Posted Sun Jul 17, 2011 6:12 pm

At my age I had to come home to take a nap after that workout, I only netted one, but it was a tad larger than mac's. I have to credit my new fishing partner (who is only about 30 hrs old right now) for bringing the bass to the crank bait. Once again it was this one, the same one that caught the 23" 5 lb'er last August.

And mac, your "cheap'o" measuring boards were right on the money. At least mine was. I checked, cause I wanted to make sure I had the tail in the right spot for a good measurement. Hey Dave O, check out mac's t-shirt!

Last edited by pramsey on Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:13 pm; edited 2 times in total

Posted Sun Jul 17, 2011 6:37 pm

[quote="mac636"] (which includes the IOU from the guy who's sons bailed in favor for a swimming pool). He shall remain nameless, but he made a great attempt with his fly rods.

Yeah, I do need your address pramsey. Had a great time!

Posted Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:08 pm

I now know what happened to Carpy and his big fish......he wasnt wearing his lucky golf shorts today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:04 pm

In my opinion the first annual CTFF Yak-Together was a success. Unfortunately the fishing was great right up until Hertzy showed up and then it almost shut down completely. Mac I think your early fish count is a little off as I boated 4 myself. And speaking of Hertzy. I gotta hand it to the man. He has the most tricked-out, fully rigged Coleman kayak on the planet! The man is hooked and will one day be an admiral in the "plastic navy"! I think he's planning on selling all of his boats,his house,giving his kids away and fishing from and living on the kayak full time! As for Paul. What can I say. He shows up a little late,doesn't say much,catches the pool winner,puts our money in his pocket,has a burger and goes home to take a nap. Couldn't have done it better myself..................Probably should have wore the golf shorts.

Posted Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:29 pm

Have to agree with Carp about Hertzy's yak. He's about out of room on this one, but I'm sure he's not done rigging it yet. Seems like he's already got a plan to upgrade already. Gonna be nice to see what he does with a larger yak. Tunes and a mini fridge? Laughing

Posted Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:59 pm

I'm usually pretty reserved when I first meet people. Now that I've actually met a few, I may make a little more noise and crack some egg shells. Next time I may bring some scotch and cigars. That might even get tbob or lung to show up!?

carp13

....As for Paul. What can I say. He shows up a little late,doesn't say much,catches the pool winner,puts our money in his pocket,has a burger and goes home to take a nap. Couldn't have done it better myself....

Posted Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:36 pm

Next time I may bring some scotch and cigars. That might even get tbob or lung to show up!?

And I thought you guys planned it as a yak only event knowing we wouldn't show. If at some point it becomes a salt event, chances are good I would show, can't speak for tbob.
Now your talkin with the scotch and cigars

This picture with carp in it cracks me up, he looks like the cat that ate the canary

Posted Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:49 pm

cat that ate the canary?..............nah,that's called no sleep, 5 beers, heat stroke and 2 burgers. Very Happy

Posted Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:08 pm

Oh, so you can be bought, for the right price Very Happy !?

Next time I may bring some scotch and cigars. That might even get tbob or lung to show up!?

And I thought you guys planned it as a yak only event knowing we wouldn't show. If at some point it becomes a salt event, chances are good I would show, can't speak for tbob.
Now your talkin with the scotch and cigars

Posted Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:34 am

Oh, so you can be bought, for the right price !?

ABSOLUTELY!

Posted Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:45 pm

[quote="carp13"]
carp13

. . . As for Paul. . . . catches the pool winner,puts our money in his pocket. . . Couldn't have done it better myself. . .

Took the money and bought a CT Fish Finder T-shirt, came in the mail today. Thanks guys, I'm sure you will get even next time!

Posted Sat Jul 23, 2011 9:55 am

CT Fish Finder

Social Links