I believe that Connecticut should not have a fishing season on trout.
The season creates an unnatural stampede on the third Saturday in April. Having a year round open season would aleaviate this and allow serious anglers to pursue thier passion year round,maybe a catch and release period could be better and increase fishing license sales.

Posted Sun Feb 20, 2011 6:13 pm

Being they are a stocked fish for the exact reason of providing a fish for people to target, there should be a closed season IMHO.

Also opening day at one time for me was a tradition, as I'm sure it is for many today, let the tradition live

Posted Sun Feb 20, 2011 6:18 pm

aqualung

Also opening day at one time for me was a tradition, as I'm sure it is for many today, let the tradition live

Some of my best fishing memorys are of opening day as a young child and when my son was young.

Posted Sun Feb 20, 2011 7:25 pm

catch and release in Salmon River all you want

Posted Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:33 am

I fish the trout management areas right through March. Have one a mile from my house. Caught a nice 18" trout a few hundred feet above the closed section last March. All catch and release, but no closures. I also have good luck fishing bass in March, as the "closed" season keeps most casual anglers out of even the open ponds. I avoid opening day like the plague, but I do go back later in the week, float down the river, and collect a season's worth of new spinners, Cleos, Kastmasters, etc. from the tree limbs. Anyone losing lures on the Quinnipiac, THANKS!

Posted Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:31 pm

I agree,The TMA's make for some early season good times when nothing else is happening!

Posted Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:21 pm

With the TMA's there are plenty of spots to hit year round. I would miss opening day derbys with my son if that day was eliminated.

Posted Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:40 pm

CT Fish Finder

Social Links