Hi all, I just joined and this looks like a really cool site. I boat on the Ct River and am looking forward to the Stripper run which should be starting shortly. I'm always amazed by what I catch and each year brings something new and much larger! In 08 I cought a 30 + pound Snapping Turtle and a 30 inch Sturgeon which I released. My largest Pike was 40 inches! Let's see what this year brings! Go Fish

Posted Mon Mar 30, 2009 6:53 pm

Hiya Jeepin, welcome to the site. I'm definitely ready for the spring striper run myself. You catch that snapper while fishing for stripers??
If so you must have some super duper secret bait Laughing
I fish the river in the Windsor area, how about yourself?

Posted Mon Mar 30, 2009 7:30 pm

Hi Aqualung, actually for Pike I use only Spinner Baits and waited plastic imitation minnows/fish. I do very well in the Haddam area but want to go up to the dam for them and Strippers.

Posted Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:12 pm

Welcome aboard jeepin!This site is kool and we need everybody to stay active on here and make it even better.My 2000 Wrangler tows my Tracker whenever I fish.Whatchu got for jeep(s)???
And by the way,dont give up any of your secret baits to Mr.Lung!
He is always looking for anything to flip!!!

Posted Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:32 pm

Hi Tbob, I have an 04 TJ, hard and soft top, 4 inch lift, 35s long arm suspension, warn 9000 etc. I dont think I can tell Lung anything he doesn't already know but I do hold marina records for biggest Pike, Bass, Cats. etc. The guy I beat last year still owes me a case of beer and I know I'll never see it!

Posted Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:57 pm

That aint right!Lets take a ride and we will help you collect!!!

Posted Tue Mar 31, 2009 6:48 am

Sounds like tbob ate his wheaties this morning

I'm confused, which is easy to do, but what is "CT River Angler" Question

Posted Tue Mar 31, 2009 8:00 am

Have another coffee and wake up!It means he fishs the river pretty much exclusively!!!Hope this unclutters your confusion.

Posted Tue Mar 31, 2009 8:50 am

All clear to me now oh great one, I read it as (just joined Ct river angler)
Thank you once again for showing me the light! Razz

Posted Tue Mar 31, 2009 8:57 am

Thanks Tbob! Now I should start another thread called "CPR". That should confuse some people and no it has nothing to do with Health care!

Posted Tue Mar 31, 2009 4:07 pm

No prob Pops.....someone has to look out for you!
OK jeepin,lets have it....CPR???

Posted Tue Mar 31, 2009 8:34 pm

Hi every one,need help to choose a spincast outfit reason is i have arterhies in my hands and can't hold spinning rod it has to be light in weight but able to stop a big fish.
Thanks.

Posted Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:54 pm

I preform cpr on fish all the time!!!!!!! I Catch, Photograph and Release!!!!

Posted Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:34 pm

I heard there are some schoolies in middletown hitting on soft plastics and herring. Go Fish

Posted Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:15 pm

CT Fish Finder

Social Links