Hey guys. Don't think I'm gonna make the trip. There's a few inches on the ground now and it's still snowing here. Maybe I'll wait awhile and see if they start working on the roads and show up a little later but don't hold me to it. I gotta admit that the sudden lack of interest and the number of people who said they can't make it has something to do with it too and I apologize to the guys who will be there.

Posted Sun Feb 27, 2011 4:36 am

Well, what can I say about today!!!! oh well............NO FISH!!! Not one fish by anyone came out of any hole!!! TB and his Dad, and Sandflea left early. Bigwiggler stopped in to say hi. The boys and I only stayed for another hour an a half after they left. There were four other guys jigging wile we were there. I didn't see them reel anything in either. Wile the fishing really sucked, it was nice to see the guys.

Now, wile the ice season winds down, lets start thinking of some sort of spring get-together. I'll start a new post about that in a couple weeks.

Posted Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:31 pm

Sorry to hear that, wish I could have made it up to meet some of you guys though.

Posted Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:50 pm

The fishing was slower than Coventry last year, but it was a nice day.
The road in was a tad greasy.
Thanks for bringing the donuts Flea!

Posted Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:24 pm

No fish?....whatzup with that?....if me and Lung were there we woulda been catchin bass after bass after bass...and you also would have witnessed a most amazing race.....but anyways,glad a few of you made it out and continued the annual thing for those of us that could not attend.And yes we should try to do sumthin in spring.

Posted Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:59 pm

tb

The fishing was slower than Coventry last year, but it was a nice day.
The road in was a tad greasy.
Thanks for bringing the donuts Flea!

Yeah, real slow!

Greasy??? LOL yeah it was a bit rough. We made it out with no trouble.

Bet those donuts tasted great on his way home! Laughing Laughing Laughing

Posted Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:21 pm

I followed this thread a bit, glad you guys were able to get out. My buds and I had plans to go to L. Willoughby in VT, but the weather kept us local and we woke early to go to Crystal Lake instead. Also VERY SLOW. We fished dark to dark and managed one Rock bass through a hole within 10 min being there. A salmon followed one bait up to a hole, but shyed away. We had a weird afternoon bite with 3 flags going up and lines going out, but our baits were dropped before getting to set the hook. Slow day, but we had a load of fun anyhow.

Posted Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:24 am

The donuts made a great snak after the walk out. The fishing was slow we needed tbob and lung to put us on the fish! Thanks for bringing the gas augar tb that ice was thick. A spring outing would be great (did you tie any trout flies hertzy).

Posted Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:47 am

sandflea

(did you tie any trout flies hertzy).

Yeah! Nymphs, streamers, wet and dry flies. Will be picking up on productions real soon. Not much to do in between the "no safe" ice and opening day! Smile

Posted Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:36 am

Maybe we could do a trout outing fly and spin we might even be able to catch a fish!

Posted Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:31 am

I'm good with that!!!! Maybe some of you guys can teach me to fly fish better! Smile

Posted Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:48 am

CT Fish Finder

Social Links