Thanks to Bob for putting together a great night of cod fishing. I would say I had a great time, but karma truly is a b%*ch as I spent about 8 of thirteen hrs. alternating between being curled in a fetal position wanting to die and dry heaving over the rail. I've been fishing forever in all kinds of conditions with only 1-2 times where I've felt a bit queasy, but nothing like the experience I had yesterday. My entire chest area is sore and my throat raw today. My brother, however, has always battled seasickness yet it has never prevented him from saying yes to a trip. I must admit on more than one occasion I've offered him a Slim Jim or a beer when he's been sick. Well, I paid for it yesterday. I did manage to catch a few fish during the two big bites we had around 2am?? (I was pretty sick) and 10 am. My friend Dave, who never fishes but wanted to give it a go, had a good time. I told him if he could take the cold cod fishing, he would have no trouble coming out and catching blues and stripers in the summer. He ended up with about 7 keepers and a lot of shorts. We came home with a cooler of cod. Anyway, BIG thanks again to Bob for making this happen, and I'm sure he will provide a better report of what actually happened on the trip.

Posted Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:07 am

Too bad you weren't feeling all that well Brian, it was a pretty tough day to become acclimated so to speak, glad you managed to fish some anyways and Dave had a good time.
I guess your brother must be pleased Wink

Posted Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:03 pm

CT Fish Finder

Social Links