I'm not really a flashy type guy, I have no problem driving old cars and trucks kind of person.
But the engine on my fishing boat was getting a bit too rough looking even for me.
So I ended up with a day project.
I did a little research, located the paint I needed online, the original decals were just not available that I could find, so I found a substitute that I thought would work for $30 I believe I spent on them. I hit the store for some primer etc.
I stripped the cowling down and repainted it, clear coated it and slapped a couple decals on it.
I think it looks pretty good for a quick job if I do say so myself.

Just in case anyone wants to inform me that I missed a spot, I liked the look of the white section below the power head, so I left it like that for now, if I change my mind easy enough to paint over.

Posted Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:56 pm

Nice job, looks better than the original

Posted Wed Jul 21, 2010 2:48 pm

"not flashy"?......what bout all the teenage girls walking by that you flash and eye with bad intent???........after all your name is "aqualung"!.......but anyways,looks good but I am afraid it doesnt match the character of the boat any longer.Please remove the sticker and scuff up the paint.

Posted Thu Jul 22, 2010 12:44 pm

tbob55

"...I am afraid it doesnt match the character of the boat any longer. ...

character of the boat or the boater?

Posted Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:06 pm

It aint no damn sticker tbob it's called a decal Evil or Very Mad
I just may have to tidy up the boat now to match the engine

It apparently didn't take pramsey very long to figure me out Cool

Posted Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:08 am

WOW!!! I love the new look of your rude!! thats awesome!! Great job!! Cool Wanna do mine too?!? lol

Posted Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:15 am

Thanks guys

apcllc7 It took a little longer than I expected, basically a full day, so I will pass on the offer to do yours Wink

Posted Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:53 am

CT Fish Finder

Social Links