Ok this was my second trip in as many years so I'm not expecting miracles but...Got there 8:30 ish with my Son in law, was aware that there was a small tourney going on, plenty of room to park and the lake itself wasn't overly crowded. I even caught a keeper on the other side of the dam. All seemed fine.....hmmm....not another fish for 3 hours...fished deep weeds, shoreline cover, mid-lake shoal lines, spinnerbaits, wackies, jigs, even buzzed a frog for a while.....Putz....Boredom set in......the day was over in 3 hours. I need to pack a lunch and spend a day figuring this place out.....any hints?

Grampa

Posted Sun Jun 30, 2013 5:09 pm

There are tournaments there every weekend and it gets pounded. Its a good size lake but in the 5 times i tried it, never had a great day. So much other good water i will not be back.

Posted Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:26 pm

I can't recommend Pachaug myself. If you don't mind a bit of driving, try Old Furnace and the ponds there. I never fail to have a fun time there with bass.

Posted Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:56 pm

I kinda' thought that catchin' a keeper might be an ok day under the circumstances but I'm gonna be in the area a lot now and am hoping for a regular spot. How about Hopeville or Quaddick or even Little Pond? I now live in Webster Ma. with a Conn boat, Certificate. and license. Webster lake and Buffumville are ok but for $83 and another $125 for a boat permit...I'd like to get my money's worth. Anyone? Anyone?

Posted Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:45 pm

I have had mixed results with hopeville. On one hand it gave me a PB LMB of 5lbs 1oz, and i got a few good ones before i caught that on one day. Of the 6 or so trips there i would say 3 have been good 1 ok and 2 not so great. I would recommend it over pachaug.

Posted Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:34 am

Hopeville looks like a "week days only" kind of place, which is fine with me. Are there any recommendations on Quaddick or Little Pond?

Posted Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:43 pm

CT Fish Finder

Social Links