openning day

well today went well,it wasn't a good day but wasn't a bad day either.
i was in my stand on state land by 6.am.the rain was still comming down at a good clip.it didnt last much longer and was done by 7.the first shot i heard that was close was around 7.30.then nothing else to do but watch some squirles run around.around 8:45 i spotted some movement in some thick cover,sure enough it was a deer,didnt look to big,it took a couple steps the it was gone flag flying high.i didnt know what had spook it,the wind was in my favor.so i sat ,hopeing that deer would come back around.nothing.around 11.i had 2 more scoot by me in the thick cover,i could see just enough to tell it was deer.i left my stand at noon,hit the general store for a coffee,and a breakfast sandwich.then headed to my private land.sat there untill 4,not seeing anything or hearing any shots.in all i only hear 4 shot closeby,and 2 in a distance.on my way home i stopped at land and sea and talked to the state biologist.at that time 28 deer were checked in,with nothing over 145,she also said no big racks,but the yearling were very big..
now i got to wait till sat,to get back out.

Posted Wed Nov 17, 2010 5:16 pm

CT Fish Finder

Social Links