Checking to see if there is any interest on doing another Pollock trip.

No money is made by me, but I do ride for free, any extra goes into the pool.

Here is the deal.

I would be chartering a Pollock trip on the Eastman's Lady Merrilee Ann III located at Eastman's Docks • River Street • Seabrook Beach, NH
On the ??? of November, Weekday
If you have never been on a Pollock trip in November, if the fish cooperate which they normally do, this will be a trip that you will never forget.
I plan on this being a 10 hour trip, 6-4 something like that.
The fee will be ABOUT $110 per person, I will be including a pool or pools for the biggest fish included with that price. I will not be over loading the boat with fisherman we will need room for coolers and coolers of fish. I don't enjoy being packed in tight on a head boat I expect to hold it at 35 people max.

I am only trying to get an idea of the amount of interest and if I should reserve the boat or not.
Post up here if you are Seriously interested in attending a trip like this

Last edited by aqualung on Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:26 pm; edited 3 times in total

Posted Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:07 pm

Im in as long as it is not the week of the 6th....Bucks over fish.....

Posted Sun Aug 21, 2011 2:57 pm

I'm checking on some dates John....you think Pat could do this one if it happens?

Posted Sun Aug 21, 2011 5:14 pm

Should be able to... the sooner i can let him know the better. he just change jobs so it tough on him right now

Posted Sun Aug 21, 2011 6:00 pm

Yup for me.....now you gotz the 2 pollock guyz here....now what?......................craigslist.....ebay......groupon...fishark...Rockville Reminder....Windsor Gazette?

Posted Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:31 pm

tbob55

Yup for me.....now you gotz the 2 pollock guyz here....now what?......................craigslist.....ebay......groupon...fishark...Rockville Reminder....Windsor Gazette?

CLASSIC!!!!!!!

Great reply Mr tbob....however don't under estimate me sir, as I may have as many as 5...you heard me right FIVE!!!!!

You apparently admire my creative ways to accomplish what I need for a crew....just a few years ago you would only ride on my coat tails regarding a charter now huh????
I learned you good grasshopper Razz

Posted Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:41 pm

I'm there!.....If there is anyone who is tempted to go but don't know what it's all about here's a couple of picks from when I went. Never did anything like it before and had a blast. Even caught a pool winner that paid for my trip!

bunch o' fillets right here!

the ride out

anybody know this guy?

Posted Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:02 am

C'mon guys, I have 8-10 people so far, I would like 18-20 to pull the trigger and reserve the boat. Nov. 4th which is a Friday is available, but might be a little early for the pollock, but one never knows.
I am not saying the 4th is all that is available but it is a Friday and John can't do the 11th and the 18th is booked already, as far as Fridays are concerned

Posted Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:52 pm

This Carp guy sure likes to live on old history.He goes once and catches 2,yes, 2 pollock that day and now hes a veteran....oh boy....
1 of them happened to be heavy enuf for 3rd place pool.......I sure hope Lung can pull this off so I can get some pollock tips from Chicago.

and yes Mr.Lung there is NO doubt you can be creative when needed!
You are really gonna have to dig deep to fill this one unless you ask your right hand Grasshopper to assist you.

Posted Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:02 pm

In all fairness to the Carpster he made it clear he had never done anything like a pollock trip before but was lucky enough to cash in with a pool fish, which is pretty nice if you ask me.

Let there be no mistake, I certainly would need to recruit you tbob sir to fill the rather large void that is typical of the particular arena.

I simply was trying to get a feel for the interest here on a trip like this since there has been a rather large increase of members but it does not appear they are into fishing the darkside Wink

Posted Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:00 pm

I agree dear sir.....I have total respect for Mr.Carp and was just trying to raise his hackles just a bit.He is truly a "real" fisherman willing to go to great lengths to catch quality fish.He will keep casting until you pull the plug and say lets call it a day. On top of that he is fun to fish with.He is most def one of the "good" guys.

Now on to more pressing matters.Upon my return from vacation just say the word and I will fill that boat real quick.Providing a certain Captain is not at the helm.

Posted Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:36 pm

Holy cow Tbob! I didn't expect to wake up this morning and get a compliment out of you,atleast not on here. (thought my coffee was decaf or somethin) Thanks I'll take it and likewise. For anyone new whose thinking about going but not sure about it this is one of the perks. Not only do you potentially get to go and catch a boat load of fish but you get to meet some fellow fisherman and some great guys to boot. I met Mr.Tbob and Mr. Lung for the first time on this trip and have fished/hung out with both of them many times since. Made some great friends here. It's really a good time whether you're catching or not.

Posted Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:57 am

The Carp is not totally a golden boy Mr tbob, he did leave me hangin with my boat gas'd up and hooked up the other day when we were supposed to do an afternoon trip.
I just rescheduled a trip with myself the following day, I know I would be prompt and reliable Wink
Report to follow if I get a chance.

You have yourself a great vaca there Mr tbob...see ya when you get back.

Posted Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:49 pm

[quote="aqualung"]The Carp is not totally a golden boy Mr tbob, he did leave me hangin with my boat gas'd up and hooked up the other day when we were supposed to do an afternoon trip.
I just rescheduled a trip with myself the following day, I know I would be prompt and reliable Wink
Report to follow if I get a chance.

Aw Jeeez. Shocked In all fairness Mr. Lung, the first time I called the first words out of your mouth were "It's blowin' pretty hard". And yes you said you would still want to go. I did get home a little later than expected but I did call and you were just as quick to call it a wash as I was. My impression was that you weren't so keen on the idea at that point either. If you really wanted to give it a shot all you had to say was "C'mon let's go!" and most likely I would have been there. I don't think that qualifies as leavin you hangin...............Now you better start playin nice old man or I ain't bringin no Hot Pockets with me in November!.Then where will you be? Wink

Posted Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:46 am

Back to the subject at hand.................When I went on this trip Lung put together a nice little pool. If I'm not mistaken the biggest fish was worth $500,second $350 (I think) and my third place fish was worth $150. And your entry into the pool is already included in the price! If that ain't a motivator I don't know what is!

Posted Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:32 pm

CT Fish Finder

Social Links