Sounds like a great trip. If I had the gear for salt I'd seriously consider joining in. Just don't have the funds to gear up for this trip. Maybe another time. I'll still be lookin into the gear though. Have an 1865 Springfield breach loader going up for auction in September. If it brings a good price, who knows what I'll do.

Posted Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:58 pm

Just don't have the funds to gear up for this trip

I got a spare rod for ya, or anyone can rent rod & reel for $6.00 on the boat...a couple $10 jigs and your good to go. Just an FYI

Posted Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:11 pm

Mac it would be great to have you. As the date gets closer the PSC's (Pollack Slam Coordinators) ,that would be Lung and Mr.TBob, start figuring out carpools for everyone. So really the price to get on the boat is all inclusive. The only extras are splitting the gas with 3 or 4 guys for the ride there and back,your lunch and whatever you choose to bring beverage wise. ..It's a good time dude!

Posted Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:54 am

NOT having gear is a VERY LAME excuse macker.....Lung offered and also on private charters rods are free to use anyways!......I will loan you a jig to use.....so now whats your latest excuse?

Posted Fri Aug 26, 2011 6:54 pm

on private charters rods are free to use anyways

That is not true Mr tbob sir...

The fee is $6.00 as I stated.

However if $6.00 will make the difference between going or not....I would suggest not.

So now those minor details are out of the way....you're in right Mac

Posted Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:11 pm

My statement for not having funds to gear up was due to the fact that I don't have the opportunity to fish salt very often. Weekday fishing = vacation day. These are precious. So buying gear which will sit around without use is not in my budget (plus I have a habit to not buy inexpensive gear). But, 6 bucks for a rental or a loaner is not an issue. Neither is buying a few jigs. Sounds like this trip won't be as crowded as my last experience to the Canyons for tuna (quick drift for Mahi resulted in pissing me off with everyone crossing lines off one side of the boat). This was why I never went on another charter.
I believe I'll have to give it another shot.
Sign me up.
Set the date and PM me where to send the check.

Posted Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:21 pm

Way to go Mac...

Everyone keep in mind this is not a sign up thread, just feeling it out.
As for the pool money whatever is extra get's put in the pool which is determined by how many people would be on the boat, that determines the amount.

Posted Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:39 pm

You the man mac!Way to stand up and be accounted for! Dont let a jerk like me influence you in any way.

I am still waitin to hear who the skipper would be Mr.Lung.

Posted Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:27 pm

DAMN!!! I wish Dave would fix this have to run through the entire thread to get to the end to post...GEEEEZZZZUUUSSSSS!!!!

Anyway my last communication with eastman's tbob was I specifically requested Capt Phil that could not be guaranteed because he may be commercial fishing...they were unsure.
Until I feel good enough about a crew I am not going to sweat the minor details.

Posted Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:55 pm

Hell yeah! Mac's aboard! Now where's Elon been hiding?

Posted Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:39 am

carp13

Hell yeah! Mac's aboard! Now where's Elon been hiding?

not hiding, just broke! Starting my new job on Monday. Working in a shop now, and I need my own tools. Last time I used my tools for work was 14 years ago. There all automotive tools and not for heavy truck/trailer. Don't need a 3/4 drive on a Honda! lol I have been buying things that I need. When is this trip? I have not really been following this thread. Seeing I'm being "called out" I'll try to figure something out. Dam you carp!!!! Laughing

Posted Sat Aug 27, 2011 4:42 am

Yeah you've been officially called out,no escape now! But seriously,if you can find a way to swing it,it'd be great to see you there.

Posted Sat Aug 27, 2011 1:05 pm

Okay. Pramsey how about you? BIG O? It's a hell of a good time!

Posted Sat Aug 27, 2011 1:08 pm

carp13

Okay. Pramsey how about you? BIG O? It's a hell of a good time!

Right now I'm strictly FW (fresh water) guy. Maybe next time.

Posted Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:07 pm

wow...golly..geewhizz...am shocked this thread died so soon.

Posted Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:29 pm

CT Fish Finder

Social Links