No generic saltwater report forum so am putting this here.....Lung and I launched out of Groton this morning hoping to load up on some nice togs.He managed to put a couple keepers in the boat but I didnt have any.But we did end up catching some nice fish thanks to Bob spotting birds working not too far from us and then continuing to chase after them wherever they went next.A couple of nice stripers and a bunch of big blues went into the livewell. We had BIG FUN watching these fish hit our surface poppers and then fighting them back to the boat after a looooong cast. Lung said he will add some photos when he can. Thanks Bob for a great day!!!

Posted Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:37 pm

What was supposed to be a tog outing turned into a surface action
chasing the stripers and blues.
tbob had the lunker striper at 36" mine just made the 28" mark
The fish stayed in about a mile diameter area for a good couple hours.
Like tbob said it was a good time watching the fish actually knocking the plug in the air, soon as it hit the water again it would get keep getting smacked until a hook up.
One blue did make off with a white pencil popper of mine so if anyone finds it it belongs to me Smile
The 2 togs I did get had no size to them just made the 14" mark.
I tried several spots that normally produce togs for me, but they weren't home yesterday.

I obviously am a much better photog Wink

Posted Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:17 pm

Sounds like a great day on the water. You gotta love the fall! Lung tbob oufished you again?

Posted Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:12 am

ouch....be nice flea....but yes I did have another pool winner kinda day!....I would be remiss if I did not mention to all that Lung takes great pride in doing whatever he can to put his co-fisherman on the fish!!!

(and "obviously" by the pics I am younger and more handsomer.)

Posted Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:29 am

Lung sounds like a good fishing buddy.

Posted Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:39 am

tbob55

... (and "obviously" by the pics I am younger and more handsomer.)

Here we go again, but nice fish guys!

Posted Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:38 am

sandflea

Lung tbob oufished you again?

Ya know flea I used to like you Laughing Wink

But you're right, he did a very nice job using my outfit and tackle.

If I didn't bring a spinning outfit and plugs for him to use there would be no grinny grin grin pictures... He came equipped, with some hooks, lead, and a conventional rod, I had to look out for him.

I would be remiss if I did not mention to all that Lung takes great pride in doing whatever he can to put his co-fisherman on the fish!!!

Thank you tbob...yes I do, I work even harder for the elderly as seen here in this thread Hahahahahaha

Posted Thu Nov 04, 2010 12:43 pm

YOU ARE ON TOP OF YOUR GAME TODAY..
VERY IMPRESSIVE INDEED!I SEE THAT OLD NOGGIN OF YOURS STILL DOES WORK OCCASIONALLY!!!!

Posted Thu Nov 04, 2010 1:24 pm

Desperate times call for desperate measures Laughing

Posted Thu Nov 04, 2010 2:01 pm

Nice job fellas! That Blue Tbob is holding looks like a good one too! Hey Lung, that thing TBob said about you always doing your best to put people on your boat on the fish, that's the same thing he says when I outfish him on HIS boat. Laughing.......seriously though,sounds like you guys had a blast,congrats!

Posted Sun Nov 07, 2010 3:47 pm

Looks like one of those days where it just falls together. Great job guys. NOW the blues and stripers come in. Shhhh Mad

Posted Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:53 am

CT Fish Finder

Social Links