We (16 of us) headed out of Snug harbor at about 11:30PM Tuesday evening on the Island current II headed for the cod grounds. A couple hours later we arrived at our destination to a cold stiff wind blowing, at this point I think we were down about 5 anglers at the rail, appeared they fell victim to rocky ride out.
The first drop nothing happening I don't believe one fish came over the rail, we headed out to join the pack.
Upon arrival, instantly fish started coming over the rail, we had steady action while the skipper was motoring to keep us in tight where all the boats were jockeying for position to get in on the action.
I find it crazy that the fish will all gather in such small areas which cause all the boats to battle for position.
It turned out to be a good trip, it was cold, quite windy for a good portion of the trip, later in the day the wind settled down but the cold stayed with us until we made it back to the dock.
It was pretty much a bait bite till later in the day a couple guys tried jigging, and started hooking up with the jigs...a smaller jig seemed to be the ticket.
It was great to meet and fish with another member of the CTFF site Brian (redneckangler)
I did include a $100 pool in the fare for this trip and our very own John7110 here on the site won with a nice size cod. I will include a picture John and the winning fish, my cooler of fish with still a couple hours to fish, and just some other boats.
I will say the 11:30 departure time is a bit rough for me anyways.
There was a C/O who checked out both boats, and some anglers, no violations from what I saw.

Posted Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:28 pm

Lung you cod anglers are real "Die Hards". Sounds like a COLD but great outing.

Posted Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:44 pm

sandflea

Lung you cod anglers are real "Die Hards". Sounds like a COLD but great outing.

No more than you catching pike in the snow flea...I may do another trip next Friday, you should jump on with us.
Anyone else that may be interested let me know.

Posted Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:07 pm

As always, a job well done Mr. Lung!

Posted Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:10 pm

Thanks Carpster...hopefully you will be joining us again one of these trips...I understand new job and all...but don't live to work, work to live

Posted Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:52 pm

aqualung

Thanks Carpster...hopefully you will be joining us again one of these trips...I understand new job and all...but don't live to work, work to live

Ha! That's hilarious! I swear I just told my new boss the EXACT thing about a week ago when he told me he's going to be adding to my route. 10 to 12 hour days I can handle, 14 to 16 hour days SUCK!

Posted Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:33 am

great trip Bob thanks again....

Posted Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:01 pm

CT Fish Finder

Social Links