i got there a little earlier than planed at 2:45 am,i was shocked,that no one was there.i looked out and the tide was just starting to run out.i spotted a jump,then more,it got to be hickory shad.i set my rod up with a 1/4 oz.white jig and a white curly tail grub along with a 1 oz casting wieght.made the first cast fish on fight like crazy,hickory shad.it was no stop,every cast i had a fish on.i was getting board after the first hour.so i broke out the fly rod with a weighted clouser minnow.now the fun began,every other cast a fish on until 5 am.then thing start to slow.i made a dozen or so cast,with getting bumps but no hook-up,then i hooked up,my 9wt.rod bent right over.i fought this fish for 25 mins.i knew i couldnt be a hickory.i bring it in,it would take be back out,twice with the backing in the water!i finaly won the battle,a 27 inch striper,just my luck not a keeper,i tried to get pics,but balanceing on the rocks,holding the rod,and the fish that was not happy on being out of the water,i got good pics of the rocks,water with no fish in it Mad
after that my arm was done,so i drove out on the beach on the bay side to see if there were any snappers,nothing,only 3 guys chunking on the other side.being a sat that place is usually packed Shocked so being 6:30 i headed over to pleasure beach,on the way,i spotted something out the corner of my eye,thinking it was a dog,i looked a deer,eating the flowers,these houses are tight together,you can hardly walk between them.i get there no one is fishing from shore,out by milstone,or in the bay it was a strange day to say the least

Posted Sun Jul 22, 2007 5:49 am

where is mango point...we go to harkness state park...never do good......any tips on spots!!!

Posted Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:01 am

badboy

where is mango point...we go to harkness state park...never do good......any tips on spots!!!

I'm pretty sure that what BigOD is refering to is Mago Point. http://www.ctfishfinder.com/map.php?zoom=16&lat=41.32475&lon=-72.17664&layers=0B000F0TTTFTTTFFFF

https://marinas.com/view/marina/3519_Waddy's_Mago_Point_Marina_Waterford_CT_United_States

Posted Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:19 pm

that be the one lol

Posted Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:53 pm

CT Fish Finder

Social Links