Wasn't quite sure were I should put this, seeing there isn't a electronics section. This was the next best place.

I bought myself a Christmas present. Came in today. Has night vision too! Very Happy

Hope to try it out this weekend, just got to get a battery for it.

Posted Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:51 pm

That is really cool, but where is that gona' fit on the yak?
As long as your in the mood, i'll send you my christmas for next year!!

Posted Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:12 pm

Yeah, don't think I'll be taken it on the yak, but it will head out on the boat to the ponds, and to the sound! Can't wait! Very Happy

Posted Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:16 pm

Was out on Dooley Pond last weekend and a guy had a camera system. He had about 10 feet of visibility. He had the camera mounted on a telescopic pole, so he could maneuver it wherever he wanted. Very cool!

Posted Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:04 pm

I was thinking of making some sort of pole. Any idea what kind of telescopic pole he used?

Posted Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:11 pm

That should be fun through the ice. I think you zip tie the camera to look down. Great toy!

Posted Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:39 am

Looked like one of the aluminum poles used for a pool skimmer net or possibly a pool vacuum.

Posted Sun Jan 09, 2011 7:22 pm

Oh yeah! Been racking the brain trying to come up with telescopic poles. I do have an old boat hook, missing the hook at my moms. Not sure what it extends to, but will grab it this week. I did make a tripod to use with it. Should work well too. I did try it out over the weekend. It works great! Didn't see any fish, well except for my shiners! LOL Can't wait to try it next weekend at Wethersfield Cove. From what I have been reading, I should see a fish or two there. I will have it with me when we all get together. Looking forward to that!

Posted Sun Jan 09, 2011 7:38 pm

you might be best of with one from the golf section for retrieving balls in ponds they collapse to around 3 1/2 feet and and extend to about 20 i think that would be your best bet

Posted Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:39 pm

natestacklebox

you might be best of with one from the golf section for retrieving balls in ponds they collapse to around 3 1/2 feet and and extend to about 20 i think that would be your best bet

WOW 20 ft??? That would work! I ended up using a tripod from my kids old telescope. A pole would be cool, but what do you do with it, if you want to jig and watch at the same time? I doubt one of my kids would want to stand there holding it! Laughing

Posted Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:07 pm

Here's my take, I don't wanna be Mr Kill Joy here, but I have seen an Aquaview used during ice fishing, the pictures is not very clear because even with the lighted camera, it is very dark and often the water is murky. I would spend a whole lot of money and effort getting it set up until you try it out a couple times.
My advice is go with a high end FF
Maybe some guys have better things to say about them then I do, only my observation seeing one in use.

Posted Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:17 pm

well if your using it for ice fishing all you would need to do is put a bolt threw the handle and attach a peace of wood kinda like a tip up and set it of to the side of the whole or drill a whole next to it about a foot away and do it that way or if you wanna use it in the kayak i would make a mount for it using a frog mount i myself have a wilderness tarpon 14' and they are a sit on top so i would put it threw the hull in one of the drain plugs but unfortunately i only got to use it once last year because i drive a jeep and have no way to transport it and i have been lazy and been taking my boat to niantic instead of the kayak

Posted Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:23 pm

Nate, Hertzy didn't say nothing about ice fishing I did.
He wants it mounted on his Yak I believe

Posted Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:26 pm

lung it has night vision

"bought myself a Christmas present. Came in today. Has night vision too! Very Happy"

never seen one used with night vision

Posted Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:28 pm

if you look at his jan 9th he said he took it to weathersfield and saw nothing but his shiners so im guessing he was using it for ice fishing

Posted Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:38 pm

CT Fish Finder

Social Links