Landed 4 rats and had triple amount of strikes. Seen them breakin surface pushin up what looked like shiners. Was great early season fast top water action!!! Gotta love this spot! Cool

Posted Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:57 am

4 rat what??? Many boats out?

Posted Sun Mar 25, 2012 4:57 pm

Rats are what i call small blues around 16". There was another boat anchored up a lil further out than me about where the two rips merge. After he left another boat made a troll through. I dont think either of them caught anything. Wasnt the most pleasant day out with a stiff cool wind outta the SSE.

Posted Sun Mar 25, 2012 5:31 pm

Outflow or not...Harbor Blues in March is crazy!

Posted Sun Mar 25, 2012 5:33 pm

Yes the calm spot right up inbetween the two outflows i anchored up. It is millstone so anything is possible. Im still waiting on my 3 eyed fish. The water there was around 61. Last year i managed to catch like two dozen unidentified small fish that looked like a cross between a cod and tuna that were mixed in with snapper blues on a sabiki rig!! The folkes at Hillyers were even boggled what they were. Hell, I even seen a mola mola jump clean outta the water there.

Posted Sun Mar 25, 2012 5:42 pm

A cross between a tuna and a cod, huh? Gotta love surprises! I always hear good things about that spot and then when I plan out my year I never get it in.

Posted Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:41 pm

CT Fish Finder

Social Links