Not the greatest trip I've ever had. Between the high wind, cold driving rain, and ripping current it was kind of hard to hold bottom. There was a slow pick of sub-legal cod with only one steaker brought over the rails. There was a steady pick of lingcod though, with a bergal thrown in here and there. Surprisingly I didn't see many dog fish though. Gonna keep my ear to the ground and wait for the bite to turn on.

Posted Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:23 pm

Been watching the Rhode Island reports, not much happening yet. Itching to get on a boat but not sure I'd enjoy myself in this weather. Trying to get on a boat out of NH in April.

Posted Thu Jan 23, 2014 3:39 am

What boat in NH? I'll be doing a couple private 6-packs in mid April early May out of Marshfield, Mass. Hopefully it will be a mixed bag of haddock and cod. Would love to come home with some fresh fillets to grill up.

Posted Thu Jan 23, 2014 4:44 am

It's a private charter with Eastman's...........Fishark Adventures....I'm on the waiting list, there's two boats, need five to say they can't make it.

Posted Thu Jan 23, 2014 5:42 pm

Relentless?

Posted Thu Jan 23, 2014 5:43 pm

The Sarah 'K' with Capt. Frank Kristy at the helm. Great boat with a great Capt. Take a look at my old account "bigbiscuit". The two fluke I'm holding up were from a trip aboard the Sarah 'K'. Frank grew up here in CT I believe Bridgeport. He knows a lot of the history of the area and is a great story teller. I could probably spend the whole trip just picking his brain and listening to some of his stories.

Posted Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:20 pm

I really appreciate this post "Big B" because I just about bought a ticket on the Island current for Monday January 20th. I figured by now, the bite would be rocking. The trip as it turns out was canceled due to winds. I've been considering Eastmans but from Meriden CT that is a heck of a haul..and even gas/travel and ticket on the island current with an empty bag at the end of the day would be quite disappointing. I guess I'll have to scrutinize the reports a little more. Thanks again.

Posted Sun Jan 26, 2014 12:58 am

In the mean time Stew Leonards has fresh Alaskan cod on sale for only 4.99 a lb through Jan 28th.

Posted Sun Jan 26, 2014 1:03 am

Glad that I could help out snapper. I just want spring to here and fast.

Posted Sun Jan 26, 2014 5:50 am

CT Fish Finder

Social Links