Had a private charter yesterday with 15 guys including our very own Aqualung.Slow pick of market cod all day with most guys managing to limit out or close to it.Lung and I each had 10 so there was no high-hook honors this time but somehow he pulled up the pool winner late in the day that was worth $75!Great group of guys and the skipper and mates were top notch in my opinion.
I have some pics I will add tonite after work.

Almost forgot...Lungs jig snagged another jig on the bottom....after bringin in bunch of braid that was attached to it on the other end was a bait rig with a keeper cod on it!Some crazy stuff!He kept sayin the whole time"I feel motion"!We were rollin on the deck!!!

Posted Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:39 am

Thats great to hear....... good the lung got out this time....

Posted Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:32 am

Great trip you put together tbob...appreciate being able to attend.

It was F'n cold in the dark with that wind howling and the rough seas
Gotta love getting a little over an hour sleep and on the road at midnight and returning 21 hours later...I think that's why I have a friend or two that claim I'm nuts, and they don't understand the love
Oh yea I'm doing it all over again this Sat. on another private charter Wink

My finger is still a bit sore after burying a hook in my frozen finger while baiting up with a partially frozen piece of clam didn't realize it at first because of the numbness.

I'm happy I got my 2011 cod season off to a good start by winning the pool, sheeeesh it has been a few trips since I won.

John I was not a happy camper having to miss that last trip.
I believe that was actually the first trip I ever had to cancel last minute, and all because of work of all things

Posted Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:35 pm

man o man....the pool winners head is SO BIG TODAY he posted a pic of himself!I was gonna surprise you with it but you beat me to it.Can you peep imagine if he ever won the "amazing ice race of 2011"??? He would announce it on every forum on this site I think.

But kudos to the Lung.....he done good yesterday.....even managed to keep up with the CODFATHER AKA TBOB55!!!

(so you thought your thumb/finger was a piece of clam?)

Posted Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:01 pm

I could of posted a pic of your fish but they might have been hard to see without some magnification.

Posted Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:36 pm

That has to be the lamest shot you have ever taken at me.I am very disappointed in you.You have let me and the whole site down.
Either bring your A game or dont bring nuthin!

Posted Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:33 pm

Agreed it was very weak, but wasn't going to work too hard on a reply in response to the sorry post of yours considering you are guilty of the exact same thing you are attempting to bash me for..for instance

Posted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 2:16 pm Post subject: YANKEE CAPTS. 9/10

Lung,bud Wayne and myself did a 12 hour Marathon trip yesterday.
Firts time trying out this boat which sails out of Gloucester,Mass.
Great boat...not so great mates(personality wise) and a rather dull Capt....as far as catching it was a slow pick all day but he did put us on fish at each stop...I have to report that once again tbob was high hook between us with 6 cod,5 haddock and 1 cusk.All the fish caught were nothing big to talk about and the boat pool winner was a hake of approx 15 lbs.Many short cod were caught and I was also regrettably on fire hookin into doggies quite often, at least 8 of the dammm things.It was basically a 50/50 split between a bait bite and jigs working. But we all had a great time as always!

AND LOOKY LOOKY at the picture posted

I will say DAMN!!!!!
You have aged dramatically in 4 months

Posted Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:58 pm

BWHAHAHAAAAA!!! Thats better,thanks for steppin it up!

Posted Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:27 am

CT Fish Finder

Social Links