Which pole would you choose
Lamiglas XL665C Excel 6 ft.6 in. Rod
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
St. Croix Rage Casting Rods Model: RC68MHF (6' 8", MH)
60%
 60%  [ 3 ]
Fenwick MH-Fast Elite Tech Small mouth Casting Rod (6-Feet 9-Inch)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Damikii Dark Angel Cast Rod 6'6" Med Hvy
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
another choice not listed
40%
 40%  [ 2 ]
E21 Wild Black Carrot Stix Casting Rod 6'9" Med Hvy
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 5

here is an awsome deal on a rod that i am going to take a pass on due to length. seven footers dont go so well in a canoe, and are a pain for me to cary, but might be great for someone here looking for a new striper/musky/pike or fliping rod...
http://www.ebay.com/itm/320893696355?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Posted Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:09 pm

things almost never work out like you plan. At least thats not always bad. Currently talking to mattman from otter custom rods. Currently it appears that a custom rod can be had for cheaper than the stock price of a loomis. I love the idea of a top end rod so i will see where this takes me. The real joy i am looking fwd to is owning a rod made in the USA. I may grab a st croix avid to test out, which seem to be the best deal for the money right now. I have one used rod right now and am very happy with it. Wil continue to roll with the punches and let you know how it works out. Its just money right!!!!

Posted Thu May 03, 2012 8:43 pm

Don't get caught in analysis paralysis. There is no perfect rod, which provides the perfect excuse to buy more! Very Happy

Posted Fri May 04, 2012 10:11 am

I ended up getting the fenwick 6' 9" Mh casting rod. I have the spinning pole, and i love it. The action feels good and the reel seat is the cats meow. Hope its just as good on the water, will post a report on how well i like it....

Posted Sat May 19, 2012 7:14 pm

CT Fish Finder

Social Links