ive been trying to build an ALL glow spinnerbait for some time now and im almost done with the first one. but the components were kinda tough to come by. the epoxy clear coat i had to get on ebay; .seems no stores carriy devcon 2 ton epoxy anymore..they only have the 5 minute crap, which sucks as a clear coat. i decided to make my own because all the glow spinnerbaits ive found in stores have only a single glow component; the blades or the skirt..i wanted one that was ALL glow. the only glow skirts i've found are the strike king Pro-Glo. i guess these are discontinued? not totally sure about that, but I did manage to get a few, and they glow..but not very well or very long. id make my own skirts but i cant find glow skirt material anywhere..anyone have any pointers as to where i can find these things?

Posted Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:19 am

well i finished the first 2 all glow spinnerbaits ive ever seen anywhere..i hope they run true..we shall see soon enough..im hoping they will get the attention of fish in deeper darker lakes and at night..i hope they may even help me catch walleye..i have yet to catch one of those.ill post pics soon enough. Very Happy

Posted Sun Mar 14, 2010 3:21 am

Nice, interesting project you had there, sounds promising.

Will be awaiting your catch report

Posted Sun Mar 14, 2010 6:52 am

here they are..let me know what you think!

Posted Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:46 am

Do they glow like that all the time or is it the kind of thing you have to hold up to a light first to make it glow?

Posted Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:58 pm

well i'm pretty sure theres no way to make a glow product like this that you don't have to charge up with light first..i use a black light headlamp to give them a good glow..usually glows bright for the first 5 minutes but will glow dimly for like an hour or two afterward..if it needs a charge i just hit it with the black light again.

Posted Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:45 pm

Looks good.... now the fish just need to like......Good project.

Posted Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:34 pm

will attempt to test these today..will report if they run right or not.

Posted Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:49 pm

tested the glow spinners and they run true..on one of them the blades on the shaft dont spin as freely as id like however.NOt sure why. i tried them at scoville reservoir.. it seems as though they had the reservoir drained for a good part of the winter..which means all the fish in the lake could be dead(besides bowfin, as they have survived every single draining in the past 30 years) lets hope the fish populatiopns bounce back.

Posted Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:54 am

so yeah it turns out they do work! ive caught a few bass on them already and lost a nice sized pickerel...i have yet to use them at night..isnt the season for it yet.

Posted Thu May 13, 2010 12:04 pm

CT Fish Finder

Social Links