There are reports from all over that the BFT are all over the place from Newport to PT Judith to Montauk NOW. As in NOW! They have been seen leaping out of the water and feeding on big schools of macks and herring. This is not a joke. The reports are real. No one has ever seen anything like this in their memory.

Posted Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:17 pm

Just so I'm clear; is "BFT" Blue Fin Tuna? Maybe its Big eFFin' Trout Laughing

Posted Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:24 am

There are no "Big Effin Trout" in the Atlantic Ocean between Newport and Montauk. Yes, Blue Fin Tuna.

Posted Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:14 pm

Yes, there are BFT (Bluefin Tuna) off the RI beaches, within the past week or so ago anyways

Posted Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:55 pm

Lung! Pull the Robalo out of moth balls and LET'S GO!!!!

Posted Sun Feb 05, 2012 4:53 am

carp13

Lung! Pull the Robalo out of moth balls and LET'S GO!!!!

If I had a clue how to fish em...I/we would carp.
It's been the buzz for a week or two now

Posted Sun Feb 05, 2012 8:06 am

HARPOONS!!! THAR SHE BLOWS!!!!! Very Happy

Posted Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:26 pm

CRAZY!!!!! They are definately chasing bait out there. Big buzz. They should be down off the Carolinas in February, but the water temps are still high up here. If you can get out, BIG surface poppers on spinning gear, speed jigging or live lining on baloons or kites. I imagine trolling regular tuna spreads also. Sounds like the schools are in and out, so it's a lot of run and gun. 50/80lb. braid w/ long 100/120lb. leaders. Take your crimping tools. If they are 200+lbers, you will need some stout gear, reels with enough drag to put the pressure on them, and a stand-up harness so you don't get your ass completely whipped. I'm good to go gear wise and keeping an eye on the weekend weather and fishing reports.

[/img]

Posted Sun Feb 05, 2012 5:09 pm

HOLY SHEESH!.......no chance of landing something like that on a striper rod from a kayak eh?....................someday. Crying or Very sad

Posted Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:52 pm

That would be epic! I'd take a few sandwiches. After a few days of towing you around the Atlantic it might get tired enough to bring to the surface.

Posted Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:15 pm

Anybody see any pics of catches of these fish that were supposedly around? Question

Posted Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:16 am

CT Fish Finder

Social Links