iv'e been directly tying lures to braid for ages now, but im starting to wonder just how much its affecting my catch. ive been thinking of making a bunch of fluoro leaders. just wondering which brand is best in terms of durability and which brand "disappears" the most in the water. when it comes to fishing open clear water during the day i really think this is something i should try. just looking for a few pointers.

Posted Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:51 am

I would definitely start using floro, I have used Seagur, Berkley, Stren, P-line floro coated. I can't pick one over the other.
But in my opinion I would definitely stop tying direct. The trick with the floro leader and braid is getting the knot tying down, I use either the albright or the blood knot.

Posted Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:05 am

I just use a swivel between my braid and leader. Doesn't seem to both anything. But I bottom fish alot. I want to get a few extra spools to have flouro ready to go though just in case when I want to expiriment.

Posted Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:55 pm

i love the alberto and the albrite, there is some talk that the slim beauty is good to. I use seguar and the only other i tried myself i suffix and it was total junk. The yo-zuri h2o is getting great reviews but i will not switch.

Posted Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:42 pm

CT Fish Finder

Social Links