On my 21ft walk around, I found a soft stop in the hull. I found a guy who came to look at it and gave me a price to come here and fix it. Well that was a month ago. I have emailed him a few times, and he keeps telling next week, but nothing! Mad I'm looking for some one to come to my house and repair the soft spot. Please let me know if you know anyone who will fix it. I really want to get this thing in the water!

Thanks in advance

Posted Sat Jul 04, 2009 4:20 pm

Where is the soft spot located? If your handy, it can be fixed like fixing a hole in the wall. the products are easly found in any good marine store and ask for advice there. You;ll have to do some color matching too. If it's on the hull below the water line, the same applies but you'll need to use "Barrier Coating". That requires several coats with a resperator mask as its highly toxic. If you're boat in newer bondition and you want a professiona job done, consult an expert. Petzolds Marine in Portland is a good place to start.

Posted Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:43 pm

The spot is on the bottom under the water line, about three feet from the transom. I have been told that I can do it, but the little fiberglass work that I have done, I learnt that it is a MESSY job. I'd rather pay someone to do it. Also I would feel better having a trained person doing it. The guy who i originally called, did call me today saying he is going to try to come tomorrow to start. Hopefully he will.

Thanks

Posted Mon Jul 06, 2009 8:40 pm

CT Fish Finder

Social Links