Was fly fishing the farmington yesterday and a group of tubers came floating by...see image below...looks like it can be a lot of fun on a lazy day.

Posted Mon Jul 30, 2007 3:17 pm

No better way to be a complete lazy bum and cool off at the same time. Razz

Posted Fri Aug 17, 2007 2:41 pm

That guy has the right idea- a tube for himself & one for his cooler. Wink

Posted Wed Sep 19, 2007 5:35 pm

That's why you need the heavier tippet in that part of the river. After a long accurate cast, you would hate to have that one break off! Wink

Posted Wed Sep 26, 2007 4:08 pm

That's what I'm talkin' about. Laughing

Posted Wed Sep 26, 2007 6:26 pm

Brout fishing!

Posted Thu Sep 27, 2007 4:53 pm

lolol he has a tube for his cooler!? XD

Posted Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:49 am

You did not expect him to hold his cooler on his lap, did you?

Posted Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:14 am

Tubed the Farmington 25+ years ago. Great time with a bunch of people as a group. Didn't have tube for cooler, so tied mesh net full of beers to the tube. They warmed up to water temp pretty quick. Didn't stop us from drinking them, just not as refreshing.

Posted Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:36 pm

See how modern conveniences have made life so much better! Surprised

Posted Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:59 pm

Posted Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:06 am

Lung, you have too much time on your hands. Shouldn't you be prepping your new boat? Smile

Posted Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:22 am

Mac I had the wine in mind

It was not just a coincidence that the cooler was at iboats.com where I can look up and find the parts and supplies I will need for the boat that I will go broke on getting her ready Wink

Posted Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:32 am

Was up at the farm this morning and grabbed a fresh gallon. I tapped a drink or 2 off it for lunch (breakfast actually). Not a bad batch. Just bought a new food saver vacuum packager and bought the wine stopper to keep the rest of the bottle fresh. Checked the basement and there is plenty of untapped stock. This could be a dangerous season. If you ever need an extra deck hand, give me a shout. I started looking at salt water spinning tackle for stripers on the river with the kayak. Money and me are like oil and water, separate pretty quick.

Posted Sun Mar 14, 2010 3:24 pm

Which river you got in mind Mac? I'll be hitting the CT River shortly,was gonna go this weekend but the weather made it impossible. I'll be chasing pike,then smallies until the stripers show up.

Posted Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:56 pm

CT Fish Finder

Social Links