I've felt the pain you speak of more than I'd care to admit. Sometimes everything just seems like it's gonna be so right and then nada.................wanna go half on a 24'CC? Only problem is I can't afford the gas,the slip or my half of the payment or insurance but we can still go halfs! Wink

Posted Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:33 pm

I did catch a sit-on-top kayak floating in the mouth of Niantic Bay at dawn. Was one of the $100 Job Lot type with no rod holders, etc. Must have floated off the shore (didn't see any bodies). Wasn't going to run it back in or tow it all day, so I ended up leaving it for someone in a bigger boat to pick up. When I swung across the mouth again half an hour later it was gone.

Posted Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:00 pm

Went out of Niantic to fish the early incoming tide. Pretty big swells pushing in on the steady NE wind we've had. They were starting to pound on Two Tree and Black Point once the tide started coming in. Couldn't drag my eels or tube and worm through the boulder fields. Night + rollers + rocks + little bitty boat = nice insurance payout for Sam (if they find me!). Nothing but blues. Decided to call in quits pretty early. Was heading in as most weekend warriors were just showing up at the ramp.

Posted Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:38 pm

Got out yesterday. No more east wind Very Happy It's swung 'round to SSW. Started at towards Harkness well before dawn and fished the last hour or so of outgoing tide. Nothing but some taylor blues. Had planned to try fishing further west than I normal go, and started working around Black Point as the incomming tide picked up. Was immediately catching schoolies on tube and worm with one keeper, and the day was looking promising. Checked my tide station app on my phone and noticed 2 missed calls from my wife. Turns out my daughter was sick on her last day of school, and my wife needed to be in Fairfield for work. So, by 7:30 I was headed back to the dock. My buddy fished from his yak in Stonington Tuesday, and came back with a couple of keepers. The change in wind has made a difference!

Posted Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:08 am

Launched at dock road yesterday,didn't get on the water till almost 6,didn't even bass fish,was hoping some bigger blues were around but just taylors,got about a dozen,kept 4, fluked some,1 short,1 skate,1 tiny black sea bass, I also tried an experiment of mine,porgy fishing with a sabiki rig with squid strips on the hooks,couldn't find any porgy so the jury's still out on that,called it a day at 12:30,was looking for ya RNE but didn't see ya,you were east and back probably before I launched.

Posted Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:46 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1p0DseEpjc[/youtube]

Posted Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:14 pm

CT Fish Finder

Social Links