CWD,Lung and I made the trip up today.Calm seas,no rain and mild temps made for a nice day OTW.Flurries of activity pretty much all day.Lotsa pollock and quite a few real nice "jumbo" haddock came over the rails.We also had to deal with numerous tangles with some of them really fugly.Mates Grampa,Tory,Nick and Nicole did a wonderful job getting us back in action asap.At times even Capt.Phil was down helping out.We did lose a fair amount of fishing time because sometimes the tangles were so bad the only way to deal with it was cut some lines and re-tie.It was basically a bait bite but some of the guys did ok jigging.I was switching back and forth pretty much all day.I did manage to take 2nd place pool prize ($140)with a 16 1/2 lb pollock that I caught in the tail mouth with my jig!There were only several keeper cod taken,a couple of cusk and Chris had a small wolfie that had to be released.They were just finishing up fileting when we got back to the dock.It seemed people in the stern and bow did somewhat better than those midship,but everybody had fish to bring home!

Posted Tue Oct 26, 2010 6:45 am

Another enjoyable day fishing with you two guys. A little over crowded for my liking but that is going to happen at times on a head boat, all part of the experience I guess. Nice job on a pool fish tbob
you were do.

Posted Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:53 am

Thanks Bobbo....I was OVERDUE!!!

Posted Tue Oct 26, 2010 5:46 pm

Good job on the pool fish T-BIBIDDY!.......And on a crowded boat no less!

Posted Wed Oct 27, 2010 5:59 am

Looking forward to the next trip.

Posted Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:47 am

Thanks chachi!!!..........hope all is well!

yup CWD wont be long til we go do it again!

Posted Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:00 pm

CT Fish Finder

Social Links