Any help on this matter would help alot Thanks Eric.

Posted Thu Dec 24, 2009 2:05 pm

I'm going to take a guess that it is an Elgin I'm no expert but that is what it looks like to me.

Posted Thu Dec 24, 2009 2:10 pm

i would agree with aqualung,

http://www.elginoutboards.org/

Posted Fri Dec 25, 2009 4:08 am

1953 elgin 2.5 h.p single cylinder or 3.5-5 h.p if it is a dual cylinder made by the west bend company and were sold by sears. Usually all pea green.I used to own one of those motors. They run forever and you can stlill get parts. I have a small collection of outboards.A good source for parts is outboard exchange in niantic under river bridge near mijoy.

Posted Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:13 am

Me too. What motors do you have in your collection?

Posted Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:03 pm

1940 s neptune like new and 1950s montgomery ward air cooled that i still use.1960 scott attwater thats it for antiques.I usually by them at yard sales and flea markets fix and sell them. I enjoy using them.Have owned a couple of 5o and 60s wood lapstreak boats. chris craft and cruiser inc. I used to like restoring them.Just to much upkeep.Iwant to spend more time fishing .Its agood hobby and dosent take a lot of money.

Posted Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:29 pm

Right now I have 39 outboards and all but 3 run. I am in the Antique Outboard motor club. I get a lot of stuff from guys in the club. I haven't had any luck at yard sales.

Posted Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:40 pm

You should open up a museum.Thats a lot of space. Are they mostly johnson and mercurys? ever been to the mansfield drive in flea market? Its a good place for old tackle and outboards show up quite frequently in summer.Spring cleaning out the garage

Posted Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:10 am

My collection is always changing. I have had a lot of different makes and models. Mostly Johnson Evinrude and Mercury because they are more available. Right now my oldest one is a 1915 Evinrude.
Where and when is that flea market. It sounds good.

Posted Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:39 pm

Thats a nice setup you got there.Any old boats to go with the motors.Last year they had a antique boat show the same time as the fishing and hunting showat the eastern states in springfield last year i hope they do that again.Flea mkt route 32 mansfield drive in theatre.starts march on sundays.

Posted Fri Jan 15, 2010 5:34 am

Hey Frank, I was at an auction the other night and they were selling a 1967 British Seagull featherweight model 40.It was in very,very nice condition.I took a few stabs at it but it ended up going for$160.Didnt want to go any higher due to not knowin much about it.But it was pretty kool looking with the open flywheel,etc.
You have any experience with these??????

Posted Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:45 am

I have never owned one but I have seen them around. Here are my boats.

Posted Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:20 pm

Posted Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:22 pm

Here ya go wiggles you can have you very own collection Laughing

http://newlondon.craigslist.org/boa/1554205063.html

Posted Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:42 pm

wow. wife would kill me. she already thinks im nuts obsessed with fishing and boating.

Posted Sat Jan 16, 2010 6:01 am

CT Fish Finder

Social Links