Nothin yet?? C'mon....I know some of you have been out there!

Posted Tue May 06, 2014 11:44 am

You may want to "like" Ted's Bait and Tackle out of Old Saybrook. (Facebook) Carl does an excellent job of posting the daily catches in the river, out of Niantic bay and out of the mouth of the river.

I've read some keeper striper are being increasingly landed at the DEP fishing area in Saybrook...catfish bite is also starting.

Posted Tue May 06, 2014 7:59 pm

Not me............not yet.............going to put forth an effort over the next few days though.

Posted Wed May 07, 2014 4:31 am

The river north report is, it's game on fellas up here north of Hartford, the water is now at a perfect level, and is clearing up nicely.
I went with Mark "The Shark" last evening for a couple hours, it was non stop action, only problem is they were schoolies for me, I was throwing a white sluggo about 6 inches. Mark was throwing live eels most of the time, but I guess he wanted in on some of my action, switched to throwing a plastic 4" pink Zoom fluke and BAM hits a fat 34" While I personally do not have a keeper yet this year, amongst our little group we have close to a half dozen keepers so far this year on eels and plastics.

Posted Wed May 07, 2014 7:48 am

NICE!!!! I knew you guys would have been out already. Thats the report I was looking for. Congrats to you and Shark. Keep up the good work!

Posted Wed May 07, 2014 11:45 am

Just wanted to add a pic to Lungs post, earlier that afternoon I was able to get my son, Liam out for a couple hours and he landed his first fish of 2014 on his 3rd cast..28" fat buck.....The kid was pretty pumped!!!!!
Laughing

Posted Thu May 08, 2014 1:25 pm

Nice fish kid! Very Happy

Posted Thu May 08, 2014 3:50 pm

Anybody reading this post know if they put the docks in at the Rockyhill launch yet?.............thanks

Posted Fri May 09, 2014 3:34 am

Fished Wednesday afternoon from the kayak for about 5 hours......nothing. Fished yesterday/last night with Captain Aqualung, after our trip almost ended before it started due to boat issues we managed to boat two keepers at 29" and one short.........Was nice to get out and bend the rod even though we had to work for them. Water in the main river still a little chilly at just under 53 degrees.

Posted Sat May 10, 2014 7:34 am

Congrats on the keepers. No doubt, the captain gets you on the fish.

Posted Sat May 10, 2014 7:58 am

Thanks Snapper, yeah The Captain, he's alright. Very Happy .........Fished the Hartford stretch yesterday AM. Couldn't find them, not a sniff.

Posted Mon May 12, 2014 2:55 am

Anchoring upstream with some really funky chum seems like it might increase chances...just a thought.

Posted Thu May 15, 2014 11:29 am

Been on the river a few times this past week north of Hartford, water levels came up nicely but was slow in clearing up.
Finally managed a 34" fatty drifting a LIVE eel last evening.

Posted Mon May 26, 2014 10:06 am

Congratulations Lung. Fantastic fish.

Posted Tue May 27, 2014 1:21 pm

Thanks Snap... No black hawk for you this past weekend??

Posted Tue May 27, 2014 4:13 pm

CT Fish Finder

Social Links