Wait for fishing season???? It's here! Hit for the cycle today with largemouth, crappy, pike, pickeral and perch on the CT River. Bass were biting. My biggest was only 2lb 14oz., with several under 2, but another boat landed two 3-4 pounders and several smaller. Was catching crappy and perch as fast as I could get a line out. Now for stripers, we gotta wait a bit for the runs. Water temp was still 36-37 on the main river, and 38-39 in the coves.

Posted Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:16 pm

glad to hear you had a great day on the river. Was there yesterday and only got one, but we went up the salmon insted of staying in the main river, guess we made the wrong choice.

Posted Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:18 pm

That's good news for sure. Where'd you launch out of?

Posted Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:42 pm

Salmon River Cove. Want to hit Wethersfield this weekend.

Posted Fri Mar 09, 2012 4:30 pm

hit or miss day at salmon cove today. I had 5 in the boat on a mepps no 4 dressed aguila, it was the one i did myself. It was not on fire or anything, but i was more than happy that it worked after i had changed out the hook and redressed the hook. So both of the mepps i redid are now gone due to snags and both were fish catchers.

Posted Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:56 pm

Here's one I got today. One of,if not the biggest smallie I've ever caught,21.5". Couldn't lean back far enough to get the whole fish in the picture!

Posted Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:36 pm

carp13

Here's one I got today. One of,if not the biggest smallie I've ever caught,21.5". Couldn't lean back far enough to get the whole fish in the picture!

Nice fish....they fight good in the river huh??

Posted Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:23 pm

wow, where did you find that monster, looking to pull some of those myself, only place i know is the quinbog.

Posted Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:52 pm

Thats A REAL nice ...not-so-smallie ..must of rocked the yak to bring it in nice job

Posted Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:17 pm

Nice smallie Carp! River? Hope to get out this weekend. Question is where to go. Smallie action has been reported as heatting up, and I keep seeing postings about schoolies. My pond has been real slow the last few days (or I suck), and I share Carps sentiments as to finess fishing with the senkos Largemouth fishing in 40-45 degree water is not my cup of tea..........slow.........small fish............even a 2lb average does not excite me unless it's fast action...........wacky worm,shaky head,deadsticking,slow and low...........BORING!!!!!

Posted Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:43 pm

carp13

Nice fish Carp.
Looks like calm water in the picture. In a cove or just early morning on the river?

Posted Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:50 pm

The fish came out of the Hartford stretch of the Ct. He (probably a she) hit a jig tipped with a 5" pearl colored plastic that I pitched in a deadfall. The fish blew up on it not 10' from my yak as soon as it hit the water. Afterwards I realized just how lucky I was to land it as I lost 2 more jigs in the same pile of wood trying to pull more fish off of the spot.........Good times! Very Happy

Posted Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:27 am

carp13

beautious Carp, need that super wide-angle lens now?

Posted Thu Mar 22, 2012 6:52 am

great day on the river with cloud, started a little rough with a small navigation error, but the rest of the day went along great, note to others, salmon cove is dangerous at low tide. There was at least 8 fish in the boat today, and only one was less than two pounds. There were some strange catches, witch included three channel catfish, my first ever, and they were all a respectable size I know brian is looking for striper, and we took one right at five pounds, i did not measure length, but i will leave that story for cloud. Looks like things are picking up nicely.

Posted Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:33 pm

Hoping to put a hurt on some big fish tomorrow; stripers and/or pike. Shad and herring are coming in now.

Posted Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:27 pm

CT Fish Finder

Social Links