Anyone get any schoolies or stripers in the
river yet I heard there were some residents
behind Dexters Ive had no love yet

Posted Sat Feb 26, 2011 5:06 pm

There are always hold over stripers in the river every winter in the holes. I have caught them ice fishing in the cove.
The report I believe you might have seen mentioned a boat, and being that every launch is still un-usable up north of Hartford, I think someone is yanking your chain. other than that if you hit the bank by the outflow you have a good chance of catching some fish.

Posted Sat Feb 26, 2011 5:20 pm

Both of these are far better schoolie/holdover bets this time of year. They are in the CT, but as 'lung mentioned the ramps aren't cleared and the schools are more dispersed. I'm waiting for a warm week or so in March to try to sneak my little boat in. In both Norwich and Derby you pretty much know where the fish are, and they will be packed in there. Occasionally somebody pulls a decent keeper as well.

Posted Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:51 pm

I went by the title rna "Ct river 2011"

Posted Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:08 pm

Won't be long now. Might have to give a try soon as the levels drop enough.

Posted Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:50 pm

rocketman

Won't be long now. Might have to give a try soon as the levels drop enough.

Saw a couple of bass boats going to the boat launch in East Haddam this morning.

Posted Sat Mar 12, 2011 7:50 pm

I have heard that when we have a winter like we have had, the additional spring run off could mean a healthy run of stripers once the river calms down a bit. I am going to wait a couple weeks and give it a whirl Hartford and south. I think it'll be fun!

Posted Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:20 pm

Just drove past Wethersfield Cove (1:30 Sun) and saw gulls diving on a tight school of bait on the surface. Had to be some schoolies underneath! Very Happy

Posted Sun Mar 27, 2011 1:07 pm

Has anyone been by the river for a debris report/water level?

Posted Sun Apr 03, 2011 9:35 am

What river?? I was on the Farmington, Windsor area, and it was actually low.
The CT river is also at a moderate level, with no debris,again Windsor area

Posted Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:24 am

Sorry did not specify, I ment the ct. Thanks for the info.

Posted Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:01 pm

CT Fish Finder

Social Links