Took the boat out for the 1st time this year. Decided to fish Crystal for trout. I pulled into the boat launch a little later than I wanted at 0620. Put the boat in the water and pulled the truck/trailer into the parking lot to discover I have no brakes, brake pedal to the floor nada. Nothing that I can do about it now, so I went fishing.
Probably had my best day ever on that lake. I ended up catching 16 trout with 5 over the slot size and the biggest was an 18" brown. I think I only caught 3 Rainbows the rest Browns. The lake was moderately busy with guys fishing and everybody seemed to be catching fish.
Rick (One putt from this site) came up to give me a hand. I ended up riding my parking brakes down to the launch, put the boat on the trailer and pulled back into the parking area and waited for the tow truck that AAA had sent. The tow truck brought my truck to Bundy's in Tolland and a friend came up to haul my boat away. Great day fishing and thankful my brakes didn't fail going down the hill on Crystal Lake Rd.

Posted Fri May 28, 2010 12:23 pm

Sorry, I should have put this in Freshwater reports.

Posted Fri May 28, 2010 12:34 pm

wow,crazy story......but it seems you made out ok.....what you get the trout on???......usually hard to find that many over the dumb slot!

Posted Fri May 28, 2010 5:06 pm

Same thing happened to me over the winter! On the way to Mansfield Hollow to go ice fishing, my brake pedal felt low, and I pulled in to the parking lot to park, petal right to the floor! Said the same thing you did,"nothing I can do about it right now" so off I went onto the ice. However you certainly had a better day than I did. I got nothing! Oh and I did drive it home BTW. Hit a store on the way and bought a couple of cans of fluid.

Posted Fri May 28, 2010 7:37 pm

CT Fish Finder

Social Links