I'm thinking this Friday will be my last shot at doing any fishing for a month or so, so I want to try and get out there.
I'm thinking the Island Current out of Snug Harbor, fare is about $100.
The weather just took a turn for the worst for Friday but I'm going to keep an eye on it. Contact me or post up if interested in joining me.

Posted Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:33 am

so...you really thinkin bout fishin without me huh?

Posted Wed Dec 21, 2011 8:38 pm

tbob55

so...you really thinkin bout fishin without me huh?

I will never learn will I ???

I gotta do what I gotta do with it being my last possible trip for a while.

Weather looks too ugly for you anywho Razz

Posted Wed Dec 21, 2011 8:53 pm

well lunger.....i understand a mans got to do what hes got to do.......but.....please dont set your expectations too high.....you are going into this with a HUGE obstacle to overcome......me not being there to carry you to success!.....so when it comes time to make quick decisions just take a deep beath,exhale slowly,and think-
what would tbob do........hopefully you will do the right thing and catch like you did this past saturday....GOOD LUCK!

Posted Thu Dec 22, 2011 3:40 pm

I headed out the door at 2:00AM in the pouring rain to make the trip solo on the IC III out of snug harbor.
When I arrived at 4:15AM the rain showed no signs of letting up and the wind was blowing pretty good, I was hoping the weatherman was right when he said it was supposed to let up later in the morning.
Loaded my gear on the boat and with a light crowd of about a dozen fishermen we set sail. Wasn't long before I knew it was going to be an interesting day, once we passed through the break wall into the open ocean as the waves already were making their way over the bow.
About an hour and a half or so into the ride I hear an engine start skipping a bit then shutdown, now we are now running on one of the two engines.
The crew now started to address the problem and claim "no problem" it's just a dirty fuel filter that was caused by stirring up the fuel tank due to the extra rough ride, long story short the engine never started again during our trip.
We got to our first spot about 3 1/2 hours after leaving the dock.
There was some good news though the rain had basically quit, however the wind decided to hang in there for the next few hours.
Capt set the hook and there sat for the next few hours picking away at the cod through the doggies, the dogs were all over both the jigs and teasers even more so for those who decided to try clam.
I managed 5 cod for the day and the pool fish, high hook for the day was 7 fish. I was using an 8oz silver hammered diamond jig all day and mixed it up with the teasers, but pink seemed to be the hot color. We were back at the dock at 5:00 PM
Pics of a couple of my better fish for the day.

Posted Sat Dec 24, 2011 11:55 am

Pool winner? Way to go, Lung.
Nice lead in to Christmas.

Posted Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:50 pm

Way to go Lung! You're the saltiest guy I know and a real die-hard.....................and let's not forget,Da Man!

Posted Sun Dec 25, 2011 7:50 am

nice Job Lung. Happy Holidays Guys

Posted Sun Dec 25, 2011 11:33 am

CT Fish Finder

Social Links