"Get Hooked on Connecticut"

Free Member Sign Up!
Already a Member? Login Here.
Add to Favorites

CT Fish Finder Forum Index
 SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 

Clear Skies....Warm Air....Calm Wind....TOPWATER!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CT Fish Finder Forum Index -> Freshwater Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
michael82
Baitfish Rank

Total Points: 15

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 8:35 pm    Post subject: Clear Skies....Warm Air....Calm Wind....TOPWATER! Reply with quote

After fishing at Seaside Park for a few hours, I headed home to change gear and clothes before grabbing a bite to eat and then hitting Bunnell's Pond, arriving just before 6.

Started by throwing a Silver Shad JSR-4 but no hits or followers.

Next I threw a Glass Minnow HJ-8, which landed me a dinky bass. Had a few hits and kept getting a small pickerel following it.

Then I waded into shallow water to see if I could get into topwater. I started by throwing a Pad Crasher Jr and giving it a slow walk the dog retrieve. Had 2 bass carefully inhale it. Switched over to a G-Finish Shad Baby Torpedo, which turned the bite on.

Varied the retrieve as I hit a few other spots until around 8pm. Total was 7 bass and 1 pickerel with lots of swirls and hits. A chunky 14" cookie cutter slammed the lure.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CT Fish Finder Forum Index -> Freshwater Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: