................homemade pool-noodle hand line buoys,around a buck a piece.............

.........................20 keeper crab on my day off up to 7.5".......................

........................DELICIOUS!!!

Posted Fri Aug 10, 2012 1:16 pm

Pass me the butter and a napkin im ready Laughing

Posted Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:34 pm

Those look delicious, Carp. Been thinking about going out for some this year. Love the noodle float idea. Was at Ninigret Pond in Charlestown RI this weekend and didn't have time to really go for them. Caught 3 off the dock, but let em go, since that wouldn't even be a meal. Came home with some fresh clams instead. Tonight is pasta night.

Posted Sun Aug 12, 2012 10:19 am

Your plan worked well I see Carpster...nice!
Good thing you let those crabs go Mac, it's illegal to harvest blue crabs in RI.
Clams look good, I myself can't see paying for what RI wants for a shellfish permit considering the quanity they let you take.

Posted Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:52 am

aqualung

Good thing you let those crabs go Mac, it's illegal to harvest blue crabs in RI.
Clams look good, I myself can't see paying for what RI wants for a shellfish permit considering the quanity they let you take.

Permit is only $11 for 14 day shellfish license for out of state tourist. They say 1 per person per year, but I was told they have no way to officially track it (paper license). State DEM gave me laminated chart for fish and shellfish minimum sizes. Blue crab listed as 5" minimum. Wish I kept the chart, but left it on my friends boat at his cottage for future reference. They knew I was from out of state, but they never informed me that blue crab was for RI residents only.
Only crabbed from my friends dock(if you call throwing chicken legs tied off on the dock railings and then drinking heavily on the deck while checking periodically), and we would have eaten them for dinner anyway. They would never have made the state line.

Posted Sun Aug 12, 2012 2:00 pm

mac636

aqualung

Permit is only $11 for 14 day shellfish license for out of state tourist. They say 1 per person per year, but I was told they have no way to officially track it, so you can get several per year if you want. State DEM gave me laminated chart for fish and shellfish minimum sizes. Blue crab listed as 5" minimum. Wish I kept the chart, but left it on my friends boat at his cottage for future reference.
RI residents do not need to have a shell fish license, so DEM does not aggressively check for out of staters. They do however pursue salt license regs.

1/2 peck a day of clams which equals about a gallon is not worth it TO ME
And regarding the 5" crabs are you a RI resident?? I could give a rats ass...just saying

Posted Sun Aug 12, 2012 2:19 pm

Only crabbed from my friends dock(if you call throwing chicken legs tied off on the dock railings and then drinking heavily on the deck while checking periodically),

There's another way?????

Posted Sun Aug 12, 2012 6:05 pm

My bad I missed that...so like I said Rolling Eyes

Posted Sun Aug 12, 2012 6:09 pm

aqualung

1/2 peck a day of clams which equals about a gallon is not worth it TO ME
And regarding the 5" crabs are you a RI resident?? I could give a rats ass...just saying

Lung, when a representative of the RI DEM does not inform me that Blue crab regs say I cannot harvest as a non resident, they have a major problem. I admit I did not research the Blue crab regs when I went there. I incorrectly assumed that he would give me the proper info when I personally spoke with him. This did not happen.
As for the clams, we had several good meals every day I was down there (3 guys at 1/2 peck). And I am now having one last meal as I write this. For the clams I ate from Thursday through today, $11.00 was worth it. If you are going to RI for a few days, it is well worth it.

Posted Sun Aug 12, 2012 7:09 pm

Sorry Carp for the hijack .... Mac...of course he didn't tell you....how else was he going to be able to write a ticket?
What's the saying?? ignorance is no excuse?
as far as the clams...stonington permit for non resident $20 bucks for the year, and you can harvest 4 gallons not 1 gallon.
Here's only about 3 gallons worth

Posted Mon Aug 13, 2012 12:20 pm

"hi-jacking don't bother me none Mr. Lung..................glad to have ya back!..........................you finally get out?.................those clams from this season?

Posted Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:32 pm

Soon Carp, I have 8 puppies to place and I will finally get to do some fishing, that bucket of clams is not recent, just comparing legal take.
Hey Carp...I sold the Robalo Crying or Very sad , so I am in the market for a new rig
Crying or Very sad

Posted Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:48 pm

Shocked ................................good for you Lung,hope you got what you needed for it...................on another note,a fully restored Wellcraft V20 it is then......................I'll keep an eyeball peeled! Wink

Posted Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:38 am

carp13

Shocked ................................good for you Lung,hope you got what you needed for it...................on another note,a fully restored Wellcraft V20 it is then......................I'll keep an eyeball peeled! Wink

A sweet V20 would definitely work...or if you find a 19.5 Great Lake Special or Fish N Ski Sea Nymph that is in mint condition I would be interested in that too. I have the 19.5 Fish N Ski now that I will probably be selling, if I can find one that is mint.

Posted Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:39 am

CT Fish Finder

Social Links