Make sure you send copies to Tohatsu, and let them know that the end result was your purchasing another brand of engine. If it eases the pain at all, the fishing has sucked.

Posted Sat Jul 13, 2013 2:37 pm

redneckangler

Make sure you send copies to Tohatsu, and let them know that the end result was your purchasing another brand of engine. If it eases the pain at all, the fishing has sucked.

That is a great suggestion Red. Thanks.

And with regard to "easing the pain" you did because I just had a really good effing laugh!

Posted Sat Jul 13, 2013 6:35 pm

The worst thing for the company is that they are going to have to deal with the bad publicity and it was defender that sucked. People will google the engine and read the first few lines and move on. I am sure they will be pissed, as much as you were.

Posted Sat Jul 13, 2013 6:55 pm

angryjohn

The worst thing for the company is that they are going to have to deal with the bad publicity and it was defender that sucked. People will google the engine and read the first few lines and move on. I am sure they will be pissed, as much as you were.

Great point John...Just got back from the store..lost my old lucky net during one of my trial runs with that motor...damn it...loved that net.

Posted Sat Jul 13, 2013 6:58 pm

What a giant pain in the ass. Thanks for sharing this. I'll remember to make sure everyone I know steers clear of Defender.

Posted Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:16 pm

mac636

What a giant pain in the ass. Thanks for sharing this. I'll remember to make sure everyone I know steers clear of Defender.

Thank You sir. I spent three hours writing a letter to the two sons that now own the business... I paid ten bucks to send them certified today and got them out. Will be sure to update.

Posted Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:51 pm

Just placed a call to the president of Defender, Stephan Lance. It has been two weeks since I sent my certified letter to him and his brother. He picked up the phone. I told him who I was and asked him if he received the letter. He confirmed he did received it and blatantly said "I ignored it deliberately and have nothing for you."

I said "You have no comment on the lack of Customer Service or the inability of your Service Department to PDI an engine properly, placing me and family in dangerous situations?" He replied "We refunded your money." I said "I just wanted to give you an opportunity to respond before I post the facts of my entire ordeal with your company on every fishing and boating website." He said "We've been around for a long time, I'm not worried about what you are going to try to spread around."

I told him, "You sir, are a disgusting individual and ended the call.
Heaven help anyone who chooses to do business with these people.

Posted Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:48 pm

And now, as the summer closes to an end I finally made time to send a letter to the Tohatsu Service Manger covering the U.S.

Just had to do it.

Posted Mon Aug 12, 2013 3:28 pm

CT Fish Finder

Social Links