Anyone have experience with these rods? I'm lookin' for medium-heavy, 6 - 7 ft 2-piece:

Bass Pro Shops® Bionic Blade™ XPS® Spinning Rod;
Bass Pro Shops® Graphite Series Spinning Rod;
Bass Pro Shops® Tourney Special® IM-7 Graphite Rod - Spinning

Posted Mon May 02, 2011 12:53 pm

My thought, forget the off brand name, and go right for a ugly stick! I am so sold on them! I just got another 7ft 2 piece medium action from Wally world for $30! put a baitrunner 3500 on it, and use that for light action salt water rods! Got two set up for that. The one I had for the last ten year held up great with a 2 1/2 foot sand shark on it!

That is just my opinion.

Posted Mon May 02, 2011 5:12 pm

I was in the Norwich WW yesterday, and couldn't find a 2-piece MH Ugly. I think that may be my problem: MH and 2-piece. Maybe other WW's have a better selection.

Posted Tue May 03, 2011 6:52 am

My bad! Didn't even see that your looking for a med heavy. As far as I know, all the med heavy ugly sticks are in the "big water" line. They are a bit more expensive. I did pick up a ugly stick striper rod at Bass Pro for around $30. It's a 7ft one piece rod, med "I think". They may make a two piece rod, but I'm not sure. Check Bass Pro's wed site. They have a good selection of ugly's.

Posted Tue May 03, 2011 7:14 am

I use both Bionic blades and Tourney specials but haven't ever seen 2 piece rods above light and ultralight. The one piece rods are very good and last a long time. They will perform as advertised.

Posted Wed May 04, 2011 6:13 am

One is Item 38-162-708-00 on http://www.basspro.com/Bass-Pro-Shops-Bionic-Blade-XPS-Spinning-Rods/product/10210586/-1749682 that's the 6'6" MH spinning rod.

grampa1114

I use both Bionic blades and Tourney specials but haven't ever seen 2 piece rods above light and ultralight. The one piece rods are very good and last a long time. They will perform as advertised.

Posted Wed May 04, 2011 3:05 pm

Be careful...the only thing that says is 2 piece handle. It may work like a flippin stick.

Posted Wed May 04, 2011 5:43 pm

OOps! There they are.....nice sale price too...

Posted Thu May 05, 2011 5:11 am

Thanks for the advice and recomendations (pro and con). I received the BPS Bionic Blade XPS Spinning Rod, 6' 6" 2-piece MH today, can't wait to get out and try it.

Posted Wed May 11, 2011 6:26 pm

Ugly stick??? they have no touch what so ever! And Walmart SUCKS! It is THE store that is helping to kill Americas economy.

Posted Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:53 pm

Is that your big fish to date in your avatar?

Posted Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:30 pm

No the only one I had a picture of with me and a fish in it. It's from last year at Lake Kenosia in Danbury.

Posted Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:58 pm

CT Fish Finder

Social Links