I have an out of state Ct fishing license, I want to use my son-in-laws Ct registered boat in Ct and have a Vermont operators card. Am I legal?

Posted Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:23 am

Google CT DEEP. CT does have reciprocal agreements but doesn't list all the states. The site has a phone# under Boating to double check. I was checked 2-3 times last year, so make sure your paperwork and certs are up to date!

Last edited by redneckangler on Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:00 am; edited 1 time in total

Posted Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:43 am

It's pretty confusing but thanks, I'll check it out.

Posted Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:47 am

Boating division - 860-434-8638
Last year I had to get licensed in 6 states. $$ + pain in the rear.

Posted Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:04 am

I only did Mass, Ct, and Vt but that was enough for me. Are you guiding or just fishing?

Posted Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:21 am

Just fishing. If I could pay all of the bills as a guide, that's what I'd do. As is, I'm more of a fishing jack of all trades, master of none. Been fortunate to fish lots of places and have an understanding wife. I don't ask about shoes or handbags, and she follows the same rules with fishing.

Posted Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:23 pm

Got ya', It'd be sweet to get paid for what I know but that wouldn't be much. 35 years fishing, just shows me what I don't know. Spend a lot more time passing on info now, but that's better than letting it disappear. Got a son-in-law to help and some good friends who are getting back in and a grandson.....maybe gonna want to fish...we'll see.

Posted Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:54 pm

CT Fish Finder

Social Links