Headed out to the barn before sunrise to work the hogs den and breakwater. Not even a swirl. Headed upriver and worked all the rocks on both sides as the sun was coming up. Nada again. Could this be the hot week every one was talking about? Headed back to deep water and trolled noyles rock and shoal, worked my way up to napatree point on the drop offs and only marked bait. No birds at all working. Picked Pop up at 9:30 at the dock and headed for deep water again. Tide had changed, but not the bite. Headed back up river as things got spicy and still no fish. Called it at 12. Guys at the dock said they only got a couple of small blues south of Fishers. Funny how the guys before them said the same thing. :] I'll be waiting for spring to wet the line again.

Posted Sun Oct 10, 2010 4:34 pm

Next spring LR??? man...I think we have some great fishing ahead for the next month and a half.
Definitely sounds like you don't fish for blacks.
Stay warm this winter Wink

Posted Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:38 pm

I agree with Lundrunner. I went out the past couple of weekends and fishin wasn't great. I will admit I am not very good at black fish, but I didn't see anyone else catching anything either. Also, the wind the past couple of weeks has been annoying. Sunday I went to the Sound and it was pretty calm and then the wind just picked up again.

55 degrees, windy and rough water isn't my kind of fishin. And now this weekend we have a Noreaster coming. YAAAY. Looks like a good weekend for watching football.

Posted Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:18 pm

I don't mind putting on the gloves to fish in the spring Lung, but in the fall unless the blues are all over the place, time to get some things done before the snow flies. I might tag along this year on one of Bigoutdoors trips with you all.

Posted Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:33 am

Ahhh LR the Blues were all over the race on Wednesday, tbob and I went out in my 19.5, crushed the blues including a 30" striper which I caught, all my fish were on a diamond a jig, tbob was sacrificing paddle tails. After we had our fill of that, headed in and caught our limit of togs.
Hope to meet you at an event if it takes place.

Posted Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:55 am

I know it's my first season, but I put the yak in at Beach Pond yesterday morning, nut'n. Went to the dam at Pachaug Pond (fished from shore), nut'n. Moved to Glasgo Pond with the yak (my first time there) guess what! NUT'N! I may be a warm weather fisherman!

lundrunner

. . .I'll be waiting for spring to wet the line again.

Last edited by pramsey on Sun Oct 24, 2010 5:18 pm; edited 1 time in total

Posted Sun Oct 24, 2010 1:59 pm

Pramsey, I couldn't hold out and went when an invite came on sat. Glad I did as I ended the year with three fish. Nothing over 1-10. But better than my skunk. Told my buddy thats it. Got to end one season with a plus. Laughing

Posted Sun Oct 24, 2010 4:35 pm

Beach Pond, one more time. Didn't get skunked, but only picked up 3 small yellow perch. Tomorrow morning extreme south end of Pachaug Pond (south of RT 165).

Posted Sat Oct 30, 2010 7:48 pm

CT Fish Finder

Social Links