Tom, Bob and myself took off in the Lund for the barn at daylight with not even a swirl. Headed inside and had the same luck, so out we went. Headed to Watchhill and looked to find birds. None at all , so we started to troll plugs and Bob hooked up with a nice 33" blue. Shocked We worked the edge of the channel to get 4 more fish from 28"-33. Great fight on light tackle for Bob as it was the biggest saltwater fish for him to date. Looks like we may have a convert. Called it at 12 when slack tide hit. Another great day to be out.

Posted Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:41 am

we'll have to meet up at some point at Barn. I launch out of there every time. Nice place, busy but a nice ramp.

Posted Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:42 am

It was amazing how there was still parking after Labor day. I'll be there a couple times more in sept. and hopefully a weekday in Oct. Just look for the grey Lund with a merc. on a grey Dekota.

Posted Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:44 pm

Probably have parking because the Fluke and Taug season is closed.
I'm a little different this time of year, have no use for Bluefish, granted, great fighter. I don't target stripers in the ocean very often, I like catching them in my back yard in the spring better for some reason. So when you have guys like me and closed seasons, that's probably why the available parking. Just a guess.
C'mon Oct 1

Posted Mon Sep 14, 2009 6:39 pm

thanks again gregg.had a great time

Posted Mon Sep 14, 2009 7:07 pm

CT Fish Finder

Social Links