Well i think i have made up my mind and am working at putting togeather a good, combo. I am working on a Diawa luna 300 and a st croix musky mh pole rated 3/4-3oz and 30-50 pound test. I hope this setup lets me target almost anything i can pull into my yak and if not the fish will tow me until i can pull it in. Any coments or sugestions on this setup???

Posted Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:07 pm

That will work fine for anything from big pike to stripers and blues in the yak to a trip out in the Race. Nice setup. Didn't see you last weekend, but the ice definately won. We'll have to meet up in the spring.

Posted Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:53 pm

looking to make a trip up to bantam, might be a great trip to hook up and you can give me pointers on how to catch the big pike, will be first spring up here fishing for them, and god only knows i could use some pointers. Very Happy

Posted Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:59 pm

well i won the pole i was trying to get on ebay, its a st croix musky. The specs are listed above, and paid 99. Its about a little more than half, just have to pull off the reel, and i should be good to go. Most people prefer longer polls for pike musky, and striper from what i have seen but i am a little space limited and i have yet to find a two section pole for sale.

Posted Fri Jan 13, 2012 6:47 pm

CT Fish Finder

Social Links