Although I lived here for over 20 years but it took us a move to Cali to get me to start fishing.. My 7 year old is a freak and catches good size trouts in lakes in southern california.. We are back to vernon to visit family and I thought we go out fishing here since I always wanted to but never did.. Wanted to hear some suggestions as to which lakes or what part of Farmington River would be best.. I heard Farmington River still has trout and some lakes like Bolton, Crystal or Mansfield lakes have bass, others... We will be fishing on the shore but I wanted to make it a memorable time for him...

Any suggestion will be greatly appreciated....

Khash

Posted Tue Dec 25, 2012 9:29 pm

You can always try Crystal Lake since it is so close, there are salmon in there as well. I would consider it a better trout lake than a bass lake. I know site member tbob caught a salmon fishing from shore right at the boat launch a year or two ago.

Posted Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:55 am

West branch of the Farmington will produce fish through the winter. You are a bit betwix and between. Most lakes are starting to skim over, and it's not thick enough for the ice guys.

Posted Wed Dec 26, 2012 6:06 pm

CT Fish Finder

Social Links