Anybody got the urge yet? had my bow out for some target pratice today for the first time this year. Did real good, felt good too. Took 2 deer last season, one doe on opening day and a 5 pointer a week before gun season. Just cann`t wait for this year.

Posted Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:26 pm

You sure are jumping the gun on the bow season Bill, no pun intended Laughing
Been a few years since I picked up the bow. Did most of my bow hunting out your way at Babcock, I really like that spot. Private land of course is always sweet.

Always nice to knock one down on opening day and take the pressure off. 2 with a bow is a good year, congrats.

Posted Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:44 am

Well Aqualung, the season is only about 9 weeks away. Alot of things to do before then. Cameras to put up, stands to put up, and private land to find. I bought Mathews Z7 a week before the start of last season. Boy I love that bow. Last year was the first time that I killed two deer during bow season. I live a mile away from babcock w.m.a. , it`s not what it use to be. Gun hunters have shot way to many deer in there. I see far fewer deer in there now. But then again, my trail camera has taken pics of a 4pt, small 8pt and one BIG 10pt all in one place. When the season started, I didn`t see any of them. We`ll see what happens this year. I have seen some really big bucks in there over the years.

Posted Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:05 pm

CT Fish Finder

Social Links