deafice

been fishing for bait fish got over 2,000 bait fish in my fish tank ready to go Smile

Gotta be a BIG tank.

Posted Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:31 pm

We are just around the start of Winter and I see Thursday has a low of 41F with 70% chance of rain. Mad

Posted Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:44 pm

protacanthopterix

We are just around the start of Winter and I see Thursday has a low of 41F with 70% chance of rain. Mad

I'm very happy with the way the weather has been (so far) compared to the past 2 winters. Not like you can't fish if there is no ice.

When is it we start gaining daylight again?? Wink

Posted Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:35 pm

Any predictions on safe ice in ct? I was out early December last year.

Posted Tue Dec 27, 2011 10:41 am

Even Maine has no ice. Cold front is holding in Canada. Looks like a few weeks at best.

Posted Tue Dec 27, 2011 5:51 pm

1/4 and not much ice. With mid-upper 40s the next 2 days, I might just end up on the river again Saturday!

Posted Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:53 pm

Yep, no ice. The itch to fish is coming around again though, so I was thinking Sunday or Monday getting down to Norwich Harbor. Depending on the bass action I'll throw some small baits out and see if the tomcod are around.

Posted Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:24 am

hay redneck give me a holler, if your going out love to see ya out there...

Posted Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:15 pm

Things are not looking good for those hoping for ICE.

Was outside this morning and heard birds chirping like it was spring, and then I see a flock of robins fly by, I'm not talking 5 birds but more like 50. Speaking of 50 that will be the temp for the next few days.

Posted Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:49 am

I'm finally pretty well recovered from my bronchitis that I've been fighting since just before Christmas and am planning to do some Pachaug'n / Hopeville'n tomorrow. Supposed to be above 45!

Last edited by pramsey on Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:41 pm; edited 1 time in total

Posted Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:28 pm

let us know what level of ice you find, might like to try it but not going to cannoe with any major ice flows....

Posted Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:40 pm

Did make it out to Pachaug this afternoon and got skunked. Ice on the north side of RT 165 at the bridge was thick enough to stand on (no jumping allowed) but on the south side it was clear along the shore and then ice starting a couple of feet out.

Posted Sat Jan 07, 2012 5:00 pm

Skunked too! About half of Chapmans and the entire outflow at Haddam was iced over this morning. Fished a bit in Salmon Cove. All the places deeper in where I was catching last week were blocked. Should have gone to the Housie or Norwich for strpers.

Posted Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:48 pm

hopefully this rain we are going to get doesn't kill all the ice.

Posted Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:12 pm

Man, sounds like a busted weekend. I couldn't find time to get down to Norwich, but was able to shoot over to a small pond in town. It was covered in ice too thin to walk on; too thick to cast on. My dog got a good run in though.

Some ice somehow managed to build on Pocotopaug over the weekend. I couldn't see any open water from my window. It was all gone yesterday though with the exception of the cove behind Meek's Point.

Posted Tue Jan 10, 2012 2:11 pm

CT Fish Finder

Social Links