Aw Jeez Lung. There you go gettin all sensitive on me. I'm just kidding too.
Just tryin" to get a rise out of him like he always does to me.We both know he's a good guy. Just talks alot of smack is all.
You guys got me all fired up. And you know what. I'm off tomorrow and the weather isn't supposed to be too bad,not as nice as the last couple of days,a little windy. But I'll be damned if I don't have some walleye fillets for Mr. Tucker when I get back.

Posted Tue Nov 29, 2011 4:05 pm

whats the deal with walleye do they only hit at night?

That's the only time (at night) i have ever caught them through the ice.
I have never caught one in open water.

Carps eye beats any eye I have ever iced.

Posted Tue Nov 29, 2011 4:07 pm

But I'll be damned if I don't have some walleye fillets for Mr. Tucker when I get back.

If you do that....I won't bust your stones for a month....otherwise your free game Cool

Posted Tue Nov 29, 2011 4:14 pm

As some of you know I'm from the Midwest (walleye country). I've caught probably hundreds of them in my life. I haven't targeted them that often here mainly because the fishery is limited because they don't occur here naturally and they are only stocked in a few lakes. Also because I found a new passion in striper fishing. I don't even care for ice fishing too much but I go when a friend invites me. For me it's more about good company,a few drinks and good times,much like a cod/pollack boat. I hate freaking standing around on the ice waiting for a flag to fly. But to answer a question,no walleye do not only bite at night. Night fishing can be very productive but any low-light situation can be very good. Overcast,rain,wind,all the better. Much like pike,walleye are a cold water fish and the best fishing is early spring,fall and winter. That's one of the things that really burns my azz about this state. The closed fishing season between February and April all for them freaking stocker trout that morons wait all winter to catch. That closed season is prime time for pike and walleye. As soon as the ice goes out it is a hell of a pre-spawn bite for both species. I don't even know if these fish are reproducing in these lakes or if the fishery is based strictly on the stocking..................................I've been here going on 4 years and there is no closed season on any lake in Illinois and it still pisses me off!

Posted Tue Nov 29, 2011 4:27 pm

Wow...seem to have struck a Chicago nerve......since when is 11 seabass and some cod "partyboatin"?????????????????????????

and where the heck do you plan on buying eye filets on Wed???

Posted Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:36 pm

Waiting patiently for the pics of the eyes carp caught today for tbob

Posted Wed Nov 30, 2011 2:37 pm

aqualung

But I'll be damned if I don't have some walleye fillets for Mr. Tucker when I get back.

If you do that....I won't bust your stones for a month....otherwise your free game Cool

well Lunger...I guess he is fair game cause I gotz no phone call and there sure aint NO eye meat on my deck or in my frig!!!
Have at it dude!

Posted Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:45 pm

Carp's a busy guy, he'll come thru!! May have to go to a sea food store and get the eye's but ...
aqualung

Waiting patiently for the pics of the eyes carp caught today for tbob

Posted Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:08 pm

Guess I couldn't cash that check. You know I tried,just didn't happen. One small bass. Started before sunrise,got pretty windy and I was thoroughly chilled and done by 11:30. Maybe should have picked up some shiners or just switched gears for trout. If I targeted them probably could have brought you a couple of those.

Posted Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:21 am

i have been seriously trying to work at some trout and if you know how to pull them then let me know!!!! Baby browns is all i have got this year and i would like something to throw in the pot. Would take a nice eye. if it was available...

Posted Thu Dec 01, 2011 3:23 pm

Was hoping to do some wading this weekend, but I had my knee rolled up reffing the Hand-Guilford Thanksgiving game. My little Q-River in Meriden/Cheshire doesn't give up many big trout this time a year as the #s are pretty depleted after the summer. I need to start fishing some of the better rivers like the West Farmington. I really like fishing moving water in the winter if anyone else out there wants to get of the ice (and their ass). OTW ran a good article on late season trout this month, discussing bounce rigs while nymph fishing. Check it out.

Posted Thu Dec 01, 2011 6:52 pm

the way the weather is comin in, won't be too long.

Famous last words!!! Is there anything on the horizon??? I have a shrub in my front yard with buds on it!

Posted Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:11 am

Not putting my little boat up yet. May be out on the river next weekend.

Posted Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:35 pm

been awhile i been on this website been fishing for bait fish got over 2,000 bait fish in my fish tank ready to go hope to see some of you on the ice this year last year been the best year for me. Smile

Posted Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:09 am

Welcome back...I need to see a pic of your set up with that much bait.

Posted Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:29 pm

CT Fish Finder

Social Links