1985? 18 hp Merc for sale. Engine ran last year, though it had a cracked lower bowl on the carb. Gave up looking for a new carb and bought a new outboard. The bowl was sealed last spring, but started to leak a bit of fuel again. Could probably be sealed again. No rust anywhere in the engine. Had it serviced last spring. Pull start, tiller, 2 stroke. Haven't even determined a $$ but will entertain offers. Will post pics later.

[/img]

Posted Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:31 pm

Brian any Idea what you would want for this motor ?

Posted Mon May 21, 2012 1:12 pm

It's been sitting in my garage, and I want to pull it out and run it. It probably needs a tuning, and as I mentioned, the carb bowl resealed or a new carb. I've found a carb on e-bay that may be the right one for $170, and ads for early 80's Merc 18's listed from $600-$800, so probably around $300 as is to get it out of my garage. I was thinking about taking it by the Fishin Factory just to have a looked at it (engines aren't my thing), but LMK if your intereted. If you're handy with engines, you could get it going pretty good for very little.

Posted Mon May 21, 2012 4:40 pm

Is this engine yet available?

Posted Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:27 pm

dark cloud has it now and is on his boat. after breaking the housing on his 25 it is now his primary. you may want to pm dark cloud about the honda he has as it is a great motor his is fixing up for sale...

Posted Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:40 pm

CT Fish Finder

Social Links